I wish I knew

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Why Wade took his foot off the gas before crossing the finish line.

And why Jason can't shorten his game up a little and be more conservative at times.

Boysboy

Reaction score
jobberone;2478202 said:

And why Jason can't shorten his game up a little and be more conservative at times.

Brad Sham said Wade didn't call a prevent on Pitt's TD drive-there was alot of miscommunication among the defensive players in coverage. BTW-Wade DID call blitzes on that drive.

Jason actually DID play conservative in the 4th quarter. Honestly-I didn't have a problem with his playcalling, it's just that we weren't executing. Our run plays, which were working so well throughout the game, all of a sudden came to a halt.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
It is a shame...We played so much better them even with the dang turnovers.
Heck I still can't believe we lost.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Boysboy;2478214 said:
Brad Sham said Wade didn't call a prevent on Pitt's TD drive-there was alot of miscommunication among the defensive players in coverage. BTW-Wade DID call blitzes on that drive.

Jason actually DID play conservative in the 4th quarter. Honestly-I didn't have a problem with his playcalling, it's just that we weren't executing. Our run plays, which were working so well throughout the game, all of a sudden came to a halt.

"I didn't make the same mistake I always do, rather it was me not having my team prepared enough to handle the playbook."

I think that translates it pretty well. Either Wade did call prevent, which it sure looked like he did, or he failed to have them prepared which is his failing in his style of laid back, cupcake, take the day off practices.

Boysboy

Reaction score
ladiewolve;2478285 said:
It is a shame...We played so much better them even with the dang turnovers.
Heck I still can't believe we lost.

This reminded me alot like the '05 Seattle game. We came into that game underdogs and injury-riddled(neither Flo nor Ju-Jo played). Marion Barber got his first start and played very well. Our defense played outstanding through most of the game, however...

After scoring a TD early, we either 1) Started playing too conservatively, or 2) Made some costly mistakes(i.e. Keyshawn fumble, Bledsoe INT toward end of 1st half that lead to a Hawks FG at the end of the half, Cortez missed chipshot, etc).

Anyhow-the score's 10-3 with 2 minutes left, which is when the Hawks put on a fireworks shore. Scored the winning TD with less than a minute left, then picked off Bledsoe toward the end of regulation, hence setting up their game-winning FG.

Very tough loss, also a game where it turned both of these teams' seasons around. The Hawks were nothing but an above-average team coming in, and they ended up running the tables from there. It was a momentum killer for us. We ended up losing all these nailbiters the rest of the way(i.e. Denver on Thanksgiving).

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Boysboy;2478214 said:

I was so mad at Wade after the game because I felt he went into a prevent, or at least he stopped attacking. Now I hear that it was "just" miscommunication among defensive players. That's even worse. Again he admitted after the Rams game he didn't prepare the team properly. Now it seems he didn't have 'em ready for the Steelers.

I just feel Wade is too lazy to get a team ready. Worst excuse I've ever heard from a HC, and he's the Cowboys HC.

I know mistakes can be made, but one shouldn't be "not working hard enough"!!:banghead:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
GoCowboysGo;2478295 said:
I was so mad at Wade after the game because I felt he went into a prevent, or at least he stopped attacking. Now I hear that it was "just" miscommunication among defensive players. That's even worse. Again he admitted after the Rams game he didn't prepare the team properly. Now it seems he didn't have 'em ready for the Steelers.

I just feel Wade is too lazy to get a team ready. Worst excuse I've ever heard from a HC, and he's the Cowboys HC.

I know mistakes can be made, but one shouldn't be "not working hard enough"!!:banghead:

I think Wade takes the blame for everything even if it isn't his fault. They have had no continuity at all back there at DB. It doesn't surprise me for them to get confused. In fact it amazes me they play as well as they do.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
jobberone;2479828 said:
I think Wade takes the blame for everything even if it isn't his fault. They have had no continuity at all back there at DB. It doesn't surprise me for them to get confused. In fact it amazes me they play as well as they do.

That's regardless of injuries, though. They play so many magic schemes and super zones instead of doing what they did against Tampa, which is line up, learn 10 plays, and run 10 plays well.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
casmith07;2479842 said:
That's regardless of injuries, though. They play so many magic schemes and super zones instead of doing what they did against Tampa, which is line up, learn 10 plays, and run 10 plays well.

I don't think Wade has that much to do with the offense. I'm sure he oks the game plan but I doubt he does more than generalize.

It's the defensive calls that bother me and I don't understand why they can make such big mistakes with the game and the playoffs on the line. Witten and TO need to be running great routes not just good ones. Romo needs to be careful esp with the game on the line.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
So one was too aggressive and the other was too conservative?

Is there a magic formula where we can figure out whether to be aggressive or conservative, beforehand? Or is it only after the fact that we can tell?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
theogt;2479889 said:
So one was too aggressive and the other was too conservative?

Is there a magic formula where we can figure out whether to be aggressive or conservative, beforehand? Or is it only after the fact that we can tell?

It's too aggressive to call that play to Witten IMO. Not on the twenty when you put the rest of the puzzle together. There are much safer routes to run. There are more plays other than a pass as well.

And yes, if Wade called the dogs off then it was a very bad business decision. We had kept them in check all game except for one long pass. If I really knew he had gotten conservative then yeah I'd be pissed.

So one side was too aggressive at that point in the game considering the score, defense, field position, and the way Tony had thrown the ball all day.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2480017 said:
We sent about six guys after the QB on the TD pass to Miller.

Our defense was never built to stop the late minutes offense. Same problem happened with Parcells, and now it's happening under Wade.

I don't know if the players are stupid or what.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Wade's never won a postseason game and there's a reason for it. Nice guy, but he can't get it done.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jobberone;2478202 said:

Huh? I think everybody thought he was too conservative in the 4th qtr, especially when we had the ball on our 40 to start that drive after the FG.

After Holland was injured, the OL was horrendous the remainder of the game. Choice didnt even average 1.0 yds per carry after Holland was replaced by Proctor.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2480120 said:
After Holland was injured, the OL was horrendous the remainder of the game. Choice didnt even average 1.0 yds per carry after Holland was replaced by Proctor.

That can't be right. Holland went down with 14:09 left in the second quarter. Choice had 16 yards rushing up to that point.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bbgun;2480138 said:
That can't be right. Holland went down with 14:09 left in the second quarter. Choice had 16 yards rushing up to that point.

Holland got injured on our last FG drive, which was in the 3rd qtr.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2480153 said:
Holland got injured on our last FG drive, which was in the 3rd qtr.

Nope, 2nd quarter. If we did anything positive on offense, it was with Procter at left guard.

http://img88.*************/img88/6891/ch21sundec72008050110pmts1.jpg

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
windward;2480158 said:
No, bbgun is right.

I was relatively sure it was the FG drive in the 3rd qtr. Right after he came out Romo was sacked on a 3rd down play on a blitz.

I know it says Holland was injured in the 2nd qtr on the play by play, but I was thinking he didnt come out of the game for good until that last FG drive.