I wish the Cowboys would put better art at AT&T Stadium

MikeB80

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I have not been to AT&T Stadium since January 2019, so I don't know what they have there now.

But when I attended that Seahawks playoff game, there was all kinds of modernist art - big sploshes of orange, red, blue, yellow paint that looks like nothing - and meaningless slogans on the walls such as "Moving Towards a Resolution of Mass." Stuff that might belong in an art museum about Salvadore Dali or something like that, but not in a football stadium.

When I go to a Cowboys stadium, I want to see massive banners of Cowboys playing in legendary moments - perhaps some hundred-foot long banner photo of Staubach's Hail Mary to Pearson, or Aikman throwing that slant to Harper - all kinds of huge wall posters of Emmitt, Romo, Irvin, Haley, Landry, Jimmy, Dorsett, etc. I don't want to see big sploshes of meaningless paint that is completely unrelated to football.

This is interesting.

What are your thoughts on sky mirror? How about 3d glasses? The giant blimp that drops albertson's coupons? The dreadful salvation army thanksgiving halftime shows? Rowdy? The mavs dancers on the third level?

I could go on and on.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Who the hell goes to a football game for the art?

lockster

Reaction score
I'd like to see posters of Larry Allen making 350 lbs guys cry and run towards the bench, take a knee, get sick, puke. Then pics of Woodson cleaning youngs clock, taking off J rice's head, taking on an offensive lineman . And Randy white barely staying off death row for his play in games from wrecking mayhem, and Clint Longley running to his car after cheap shorting Roger! How bout them cowboys?!!!

Flamma

Reaction score
I believe they should look at Denver airport for ideas on fine art.

cern

Reaction score
This is interesting.

What are your thoughts on sky mirror? How about 3d glasses? The giant blimp that drops albertson's coupons? The dreadful salvation army thanksgiving halftime shows? Rowdy? The mavs dancers on the third level?

I could go on and on.
you just did.:):):)

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
That, and........it's not even good art.

If it were some magnificent photography of the Dallas skyline, or Texas country prairies in golden sunset, or a rustic cattle ranch, or something.....I'd be OK, even if I still want to see football stuff in a football stadium.

But instead we get awful looking splabs of garish yellow, orange and red paint that looks like that modernistic paint slopped from buckets that somehow calls itself art.
They call it boxing glove art. :laugh:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Forget what kind of art they have displayed. I wish they would sell better brands of beer. Miller products leave a lot to be desired.
Makes you wonder if companies don't want to be associated with the Jones family.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Makes you wonder if companies don't want to be associated with the Jones family.

Jerry sucks but in no way do companies not want to be associated with the cowboys. Its the opposite actually. Miller has been the beer of the jones cowboys since he bought the team. its a tradition at this point. Miller lite is brewed in fort worth over by TCU. Its a local company in a way working with another local company, the biggest company.

Soft drinks, clothing, high end items, travel etc all jump at the chance to be associated with the cowboys...they all make a ton of money.....

if only they won football games the way they make profits.