I would like you to meet my Dad

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Dad was born on April 17, 1926

Dad was like most of those from the greatest generation...worked hard, never complained

Dad also served in world war II I guess he got shot down twice..later served on Truman's ship when the president went anywhere...never could get one war story out of Dad what I know I got through my mother but she was reluctant to reveal anything my dad did not reveal himself.

Just a real all around great guy.

Dad has been diagnosed with colon cancer and he is going in today or tomorrow to find out how far along it is.

Just thought you might like to meet my Hero.

http://i20.***BLOCKED***/albums/b231/XeKira/Zaxor/dad.jpg

dad on the left

http://i20.***BLOCKED***/albums/b231/XeKira/Zaxor/downloadfile-2a.jpg

picture they make while in bootcamp

http://i20.***BLOCKED***/albums/b231/XeKira/Zaxor/momDad.jpg

picture of Mom and Dad ...Mom has been gone for over 20 years now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Thank you. This hit me hard. IN a very good way. Prayers going out to him.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Hostile;4450230 said:
Thank you. This hit me hard. IN a very good way. Prayers going out to him.

Amen ,can't say it any better

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Best of wishes to your father...

Spend every minute you can with him...

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
The circle of life is tough sometimes, prayers to you and your family

DFWJC

Reaction score
I got a lump in my throught from that. Tough stuff.
It sounds like you have been a lucky man to have him in your life.
You and your Dad are both in my thoughts and prayers.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best wishes Zaxor. Hope everything goes as best as it can.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Thanks for that Zax. As a servicemember today, I always have a special spot in my heart for our Veterans.

Good luck to your dad and Godspeed!

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
update it is still spreading and he is not taking to the treatment and they are reluctant to operate so they are going to try something else...which in other words things aren't looking to good...but as always Dad is taken it in stride without missing a beat my sister tells me he is in fine spirits but there is still work that needs doing and no sense sitting around crying over spilt milk. I only seen Dad out of action twice in my knowing him once was when he had to take a physical for a job and they found out he had multiple hernias and they forced him into getting those fixed before he could have the job the other was when I asked him for my birthday present if he would stay home from work...lol that again was like asking others for the moon.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Zaxor;4454724 said:
I thank you all for the kind words.

Cherish your Dad, be there for him, old friend... it's your time to be strong, now...

You know how to get hold of me if talking will help... I've been where you are...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Greatest generation.

You have every right to be proud Zaxor.

All my prayers and respect.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
thank you all...

just got more bad news the last test results are in

...its terminal it has spread they are giving him 3 to 6 months :(

part of me is....well all broken up and as sad as I hope to never be...

but another part of me knows that the last thing Dad would want is for me to make a fuss and I am sure that he would have hated to ever go into a retirement home if he couldn't ever take care of himself... if he makes it to his birthday he will be 88 he make think that has been long enough (not for me...but that is very selfish)...

I just don't know what to think my heart grieves and hurts but my head tells me not to...

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Zaxor, I can offer little comfort but while not there is physical presence, I walk with you in strength during this time.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
SDogo;4473411 said:
Zaxor, I can offer little comfort but while not there is physical presence, I walk with you in strength during this time.

thank you my friend

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Zaxor;4470695 said:
thank you all...

just got more bad news the last test results are in

...its terminal it has spread they are giving him 3 to 6 months :(

part of me is....well all broken up and as sad as I hope to never be...

but another part of me knows that the last thing Dad would want is for me to make a fuss and I am sure that he would have hated to ever go into a retirement home if he couldn't ever take care of himself... if he makes it to his birthday he will be 88 he make think that has been long enough (not for me...but that is very selfish)...

I just don't know what to think my heart grieves and hurts but my head tells me not to...
I'll be adding your Dad to my prayer list.

And I will also pray for the strength you will need to be there for him.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Talked to Dad over the weekend he is in good spirits said its like waiting in line at the supermarket..told him to do me a favor and don't go over to the express checkout unless he is hurting.

but I swear its like ripping the heart out of me everytime we talk.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Zaxor;4479499 said:
Talked to Dad over the weekend he is in good spirits said its like waiting in line at the supermarket..told him to do me a favor and don't go over to the express checkout unless he is hurting.

but I swear its like ripping the heart out of me everytime we talk.
I wish there was a way I could tell you something that makes this easier, but there isn't. It is hard, but it is worse when someone is suffering. Steel yourself. Become stronger than you ever imagined you could like the sailor who is in those pictures was, and still is despite this disease.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile;4479564 said:
I wish there was a way I could tell you something that makes this easier, but there isn't. It is hard, but it is worse when someone is suffering. Steel yourself. Become stronger than you ever imagined you could like the sailor who is in those pictures was, and still is despite this disease.
thank you my friend...I know you would do it too...anyway everytime I think I steeled myself and am ready I find I am not... I don't break down over the phone or anything...goodness knows I don't want to make it harder on him than it is...but after I hang up...I need to find a place to be alone...it causes me to toss and turn at night not knowing if there is something I should be doing or saying...well you know what I mean..its not like you haven't gone through this same crap. I have always hated goodbyes even if they were just short but I am lucky in that there are some folk who never got to say good bye but I got to do it with both of my parents...one has to take solace in the little things when the bigger things are unclear.