Ian Rapaport

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
So here's possibly another cast off wide receiver come to save the day!

He won't do any better than Hurns, Thompson, Austin or Butler. The problems with this team go far deeper than one wide receiver...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So here's possibly another cast off wide receiver come to save the day!

He won't do any better than Hurns, Thompson, Austin or Butler. The problems with this team go far deeper than one wide receiver...
Cast off? Lmao
Have you been watching Hurns and Thompson play?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Cast off? Lmao
Have you been watching Hurns and Thompson play?

Where does it say I think Hurns and Thompson are any good?

They are also cast offs. If the Raiders are willing to trade a receiver like Cooper, who has size, speed and has had two 1,000 yard receiving seasons, then he's another "cast off". Teams like the Raiders, who have cap space available (over $56 million for 2019, per SportTrac), don't let really good receivers go, if the Raiders are willing to trade him away then they feel they can do better with a rookie next year or another veteran...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Where does it say I think Hurns and Thompson are any good?

They are also cast offs. If the Raiders are willing to trade a receiver like Cooper, who has size, speed and has had two 1,000 yard receiving seasons, then he's another "cast off". Teams like the Raiders, who have cap space available (over $56 million for 2019, per SportTrac), don't let really good receivers go, if the Raiders are willing to trade him away then they feel they can do better with a rookie next year or another veteran...

You said he wouldnt do any better than them, that leads me to believe you either havent been watching those two or you know nothing about Cooper.

Lol going from one team to the next for a draft pick does not make you a castoff, thats so silly.
This entire post is wrong. THE RAIDERS LET KHALIL MACK GO A MONTH AGO SO KHALIL MACK IS A CASTOFF? HAHA

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You said he wouldnt do any better than them, that leads me to believe you either havent been watching those two or you know nothing about Cooper.

Lol going from one team to the next for a draft pick does not make you a castoff, thats so silly.
This entire post is wrong. THE RAIDERS LET KHALIL MACK GO A MONTH AGO SO KHALIL MACK IS A CASTOFF? HAHA

Mack wasn't let go because of performance, there were other issues, quit trying to make a blanket statement out of my specific player comments. There are all sorts of reasons why a player is let go. Could be performance, could be age, could be cap problems, could be personnel conflicts. Let's keep focused on Cooper, okay?

And why are Thompson and Hurns doing bad? Are you one of the posters here who think Garrett, et al, are good coaches? If so, that's fine, that would be your opinion, though one that's not shared by many Cowboys fans and others.

My post wasn't wrong, you just didn't understand it, so let me try again.

I never said Cooper wasn't a good receiver (though he's had the drops all but one of his years in the league, we have a lot of that now, so in that sense he's no better than what we have now). My point was that Garrett and Linehan would ruin him if he came here. It wasn't a comment on Cooper himself, only about the coaching and play making opportunities that he would have in Dallas.

And as far as going from one team to another not making you a cast off, the very definition of a cast off is a player that a team gets rid of that they don't think can produce for them any better than somebody else they might pick up. Mack certainly could produce, that's not even a question.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Mack wasn't let go because of performance, there were other issues, quit trying to make a blanket statement out of my specific player comments. There are all sorts of reasons why a player is let go. Could be performance, could be age, could be cap problems, could be personnel conflicts. Let's keep focused on Cooper, okay?

And why are Thompson and Hurns doing bad? Are you one of the posters here who think Garrett, et al, are good coaches? If so, that's fine, that would be your opinion, though one that's not shared by many Cowboys fans and others.

My post wasn't wrong, you just didn't understand it, so let me try again.

I never said Cooper wasn't a good receiver (though he's had the drops all but one of his years in the league, we have a lot of that now, so in that sense he's no better than what we have now). My point was that Garrett and Linehan would ruin him if he came here. It wasn't a comment on Cooper himself, only about the coaching and play making opportunities that he would have in Dallas.

And as far as going from one team to another not making you a cast off, the very definition of a cast off is a player that a team gets rid of that they don't think can produce for them any better than somebody else they might pick up. Mack certainly could produce, that's not even a question.

They let Mack go due to CAP, which you just said the Raiders have lmao.

Your argument makes no sense. Just going forward, know that a team looking to move a player for a high draft pick does make that player a "castoff" hahaha that's just silly.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If you don't agree with my post, just say so, a silly comment was that they let Mack go because they couldn't recognize his value, or that he was declining in skills, or too old (at 27).

Salary cap alone is not always the only reason a good player is let go, if you have $56 mil in cap space, as the Raiders do apparently, you make it work to keep a player with the talents of Mack.

In any case, this thread is about Cooper, think we are on opposite sides of the fence, we aren't going to agree. If he comes here, we'll know if it was a good move for the Cowboys, or the Raiders, both, or neither. If he doesn't, well it was an interesting discussion...

jrumann59

Reaction score
Plus, thomas will be 30 this year and cooper is 24.
I think I can get production out of Thomas moreso than Cooper. I think coopers confidence is gone and he has suspect hands. Definitely a higher risk/reward but if you are giving up a 1st...

KingRah

Reaction score
I think I can get production out of Thomas moreso than Cooper. I think coopers confidence is gone and he has suspect hands. Definitely a higher risk/reward but if you are giving up a 1st...
I’ll take a 24 year old with Odell like talent over a 30 year old receiver.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Wait.... you do know that Thomas has suspect hands too right?

Much less reward for trading for a 31 year old on the decline of his career who already has a large contrsct.