Video: Ian Rapoport on Dak’s Injury and Future of Jaylon Smith

817Gill

Reaction score
The Dak stuff is a confidence booster due to Rap being a good unbiased source, the Jaylon stuff is extremely interesting as well. Only the first 3ish minutes about the Cowboys so don’t feel burdened by the rest of it. It’s on Rich Eisen’s podcast by the way not NFL Total Access.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That's encouraging about Dak. Eisen seems skeptical like me, so I'm glad he's asking the type of stuff I would be asking. That eases my mind somewhat.

The Jaylon Smith stuff is interesting also. Jaylon is basically the odd man out, but only because he's the worst linebacker out of the ones that will get playing time, not because they can't find a spot for him. He's not not good enough.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The Jaylon Smith stuff is interesting also. Jaylon is basically the odd man out, but only because he's the worst linebacker out of the ones that will get playing time, not because they can't find a spot for him. He's not not good enough.

He lays it out plain and simple. Parsons, Neal and LVE are your "starting" LBs. Not to mention Cox is good enough to AT LEAST be a 4th LB, if not better at some point in 2021. And Im sure they want Cox to get snaps this year in order to assume a larger role in 2022. We'll see...

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He lays it out plain and simple. Parsons, Neal are LVE are your "starting" LBs. Not to mention Cox is good enough to AT LEAST be a 4th LB, if not better at some point in 2021. And Im sure thy want Cox to get snaps this year in order to assume a larger role in 2022. We'll see...
Jaylon is just not good enough to warrant taking snaps from those guys it seems.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think Jaylon might be the worst LB on the team. It is what it is. He makes tons of "hang on for life" tackles, takes terrible angles, can't shed blocks, and the whole "can't run" thing compounds it all. I agree, the cowboys just have to admit they made a mistake a move on. It happens to every team.

It's too bad they didn't release him before the March deadline but I am sure they didn't know that they'd be getting Parsons. Pretty sure if they knew Jaylon wouldn't be on the team right now. Have to eat it this year unfortunately unless they can find a trade partner that will take half his salary if the Cowboys pay the other half...Very seriously doubt it will happen. Who'd want Jaylon??

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The Dak stuff is a confidence booster due to Rap being a good unbiased source, the Jaylon stuff is extremely interesting as well. Only the first 3ish minutes about the Cowboys so don’t feel burdened by the rest of it. It’s on Rich Eisen’s podcast by the way not NFL Total Access.

What's very interesting to me is Rappaport referencing "online chat" on how Jaylon's doing. Say what?

the_h0wey

Reaction score

Thanks for posting. Crap Sheet has me blocked on twitter. I think I got under his skin when Bob Sturm called him out on his BS reporting one day.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That's encouraging about Dak. Eisen seems skeptical like me, so I'm glad he's asking the type of stuff I would be asking. That eases my mind somewhat.

good enough to get a Pro Bowl and lead the team in tackles the last 2 seasons.

Other than that...not good enough.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I will be extremely surprised if Neal is on the field instead of Jaylon when we are in three-linebacker sets. Based on what we've seen so far, it will be WLB LVE, MLB Smith, SLB Parsons. I also will be extremely surprised if Jaylon is ever on the field when we're in two-linebacker nickel. It will be Neal and Parsons, with LVE possibly taking some snaps in order to give Parsons a break.