iCan'tResist (iMock)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
2nd: Arkansas C Jonathan Luigs - 6'4" 302, 4.95 40
extremely smart and aware lineman with "rare athleticism", gets to the 2nd level quickly, frankly Andre Gurode is too dumb to be our starting C anymore, drafting Luigs moves him to LG

3rd: UConn DE Cody Brown - 6'2" 242, 4.68 40
athletic, speedy rush LB, possesses good strength and a great burst to close on the ball/ball-carrier, adds some punch to our pass-rush, and although he struggled a bit turning in coverage in workouts, he was good enough in that area in college to deflect 8 passes as a Senior

4th: Troy S Sherrod Martin - 6'1" 197, 4.46 40
terrific athlete with the hips and closing speed of a corner, big hitter, fills in as nickel corner or safety, gunner on special teams

4th: Arizona WR Mike Thomas - 5'8" 187, 4.48 40
compact WR with great quickness and hands, Pac-10's all-time leading receiver, excellent punt returner, fearless

5th: Western Illinois OLB Jason Williams - 6'1" 241, 4.59 40
fast, powerful LB who forced an NCAA, all-division tying 14 fumbles, can chase RBs and TEs in the flat, willingly attacks blocks at the line

5th: USC DE Kyle Moore - 6'5" 265, 4.87 40
underrated SC defender with great height and long arms, chases well and holds up well at the point of attack, can play both DE and OLB in the 3-4

6th: Mississippi State S Keith Fitzhugh - 5'10" 210, 4.56 40
cornerback with a strong safety's game and body, attacking blitzer and intimidator over the middle with the speed and quickness to stay with most receivers who come into his zone, great special team's potential

7th: Eastern Illinois DE Pierre Walters - 6'4" 269, 4.78 40
DE with the size and strength to hold up at the point of attack, and enough speed off the edge to get after the QB, this prospect from Tony Romo's alma mater is catching alot of scout's eyes

7th: Maryland DE Jeremy Navarre - 6'3" 285, 4.97 40
4-year starter led the ACC Dlinemen in tackles in '08, played DE in the Terp's 3-4 alignment, and moved to DT in the nickel, possesses good bulk, staying power and a non-stop motor, quick in the short-area

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
some UDFAs I would consider:

Florida OT Phil Trautwein - light OT who'll need a few years to gain enough bulk and strength to hold up, but the potential is there

Penn State OG Rich Ohrnberger - 1st team, Big 10 mauler with more than enough quickness

Penn State WR Jordan Norwood - underrated but very quick WR with good hands

Louisiana-Lafayette WR Jason Chery - light but very quick player who was 14th in the Nation in all-purpose yards in '08

Ohio State QB Todd Boeckman - displaced starter but has nice attributes, a strong, accurate arm being among them, Big-10 tested

Ole Miss LB Ashlee Palmer - very small, only 6'2" 222, but is fast and has tremendous upside

LSU DT Marlon Favorite - rotational guy with part-time starting experience in the rough SEC, made plays with the opportunities

Florida State CB Tony Carter - 4-year starter as FSU, fast, press-coverage corner, very physical

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2628994 said:
thanks, I pretty much went value everywhere

Yeah and the players all seem to have good reputations for being hard workers.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2629005 said:
Yeah and the players all seem to have good reputations for being hard workers.

one thing that this draft brings to us, is that we'll have one hell of a special team's unit covering kicks and punts

Bigdog

Reaction score
pretty solid mock. I especially like Kyle Moore from USC. He is a hard-working talented kid who give a lot of effort and hustles to the whistle from what I read. I like those kind of guys. Good job.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2629527 said:
Id feel better w/ a top safety.

1 linemen?

oh yea....sucks

If you don't know who Sherrod Martin is maybe you should look him up.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
a little heavy on the DE's isn't it?

but an interesting group of names for me to look out for while the off-season progresses.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;2629700 said:
a little heavy on the DE's isn't it?

but an interesting group of names for me to look out for while the off-season progresses.

if Canty walks we'll have Spears, Hatcher and Bowen as the DEs

Pierre Walters is going to be a OLB in the 3-4, so we're really adding only 2 DEs (Moore, Navarre)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Again I say that I like the players okay, but an ILB is a must. Probably two of them.

I don't know much about Fitzhugh in particular, but when I saw Miss. State play this year, I was very impressed with their defense. They may not have had a great team, but they swarmed to the ball and really brought the wood. So I like that. Actually I think our D will look more like that if we spend a few picks on that side of the ball.

Interesting on Luigs, though. I like him. Do you really move a Pro Bowl guard? I dunno. Gurode was amazingly better at C than G for Parcells, but who knows, maybe things would be different in Houck's scheme.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2630136 said:
Again I say that I like the players okay, but an ILB is a must. Probably two of them.

Jason Williams will be an ILB

Chocolate Lab said:
I don't know much about Fitzhugh in particular, but when I saw Miss. State play this year, I was very impressed with their defense. They may not have had a great team, but they swarmed to the ball and really brought the wood. So I like that. Actually I think our D will look more like that if we spend a few picks on that side of the ball.

Interesting on Luigs, though. I like him. Do you really move a Pro Bowl guard? I dunno. Gurode was amazingly better at C than G for Parcells, but who knows, maybe things would be different in Houck's scheme.

Gurode is just too dumb to remain at C, I think most of our line problems start with his poor mental state

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
2nd: South Carolina OT Jamon Meredith
3rd: Florida WR Louis Murphy
4th: Alabama C Antoine Caldwell
4th: TCU ILB Jason Phillips
5th: Stillman DT Sammie Lee Hill
5th: Oregon State DE Victor Butler
6th: West Virginia CB Ellis Lankster
7th: Nebraska OT Lydon Murtha
7th: Boston College SS Kevin Akins