I'd love to see Romo confront Parcells...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
ala Phil Simms...

They used to bark at eachother ALL the time.

Every other QB would knuckle under to Parcells but not Simms.

And that is the aspect of this QB switch that has me most optimistic.

I think Romo has a fire and set of brass ones that we haven't seen here in a long time.

How that translates into points on the field, I have no idea.

But I would like to see a QB with some fire. I'm not expecting Romo to get in Parcells face but I'd like to see SOMETHING other than that lobotomized look Bledsoe always had on his face.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Romo seems more like the type to laugh something off with that cocky grin than to scream in anger.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Ummmmmmm!!!!! Why does Tony have that 9 iron on the sideline?????????

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
more importantly i'd like to see a good performance on the field and limited turnovers. if there is barking that probably means something unexpected happened that was a negative play.

romo has repeatedly jabbed Tuna in a light hearted way during interviews which almost no other cowboy has done to my recollection. that says something.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
theogt;1124298 said:
Romo seems more like the type to laugh something off with that cocky grin than to scream in anger.

That would work just fine for me...

But show SOME reaction.

He's got a great opportunity to become a leader today.

His performance has to be there too...but if it is and he handles himself well, everyone else on that offense will fall in line behind him.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Juke99;1124291 said:
ala Phil Simms...

They used to bark at eachother ALL the time.

Every other QB would knuckle under to Parcells but not Simms.

And that is the aspect of this QB switch that has me most optimistic.

I think Romo has a fire and set of brass ones that we haven't seen here in a long time.

How that translates into points on the field, I have no idea.

But I would like to see a QB with some fire. I'm not expecting Romo to get in Parcells face but I'd like to see SOMETHING other than that lobotomized look Bledsoe always had on his face.

You know I was always a Henson backer, even though I was rooting for Tony to succeed as well. Figured why not have two good backup guys.

What made me really take a 2nd look at Tony happened this Spring, TO was new to the team and people were walking on eggshells. TO ran a routs and Tony told him that is not how we run it here.

Not confrontational but at the same time not afraid to tell TO he was doing something wrong. For some reason I really respected that.

I don't think that Tony is the type of guy that will be intimintated. Another thing that impressed me was when he spoke to the press after Monday night.

He said I have to play better...lol. Well of course he does, but he said "I", not we as a team. He took responsibility for his mistakes.

Will these things make him a better player, hell no.

But, IMHO it will make him a better leader.

Juke, I live here in the NE also. My father used to call Simms the general. After Simms left my father predicted a down period for the Giants, not because of his paly at QB...because of his leadership.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Jarv;1124321 said:
You know I was always a Henson backer, even though I was rooting for Tony to succeed as well. Figured why not have two good backup guys.

What made me really take a 2nd look at Tony happened this Spring, TO was new to the team and people were walking on eggshells. TO ran a routs and Tony told him that is not how we run it here.

Not confrontational but at the same time not afraid to tell TO he was doing something wrong. For some reason I really respected that.

I don't think that Tony is the type of guy that will be intimintated. Another thing that impressed me was when he spoke to the press after Monday night.

He said I have to play better...lol. Well of course he does, but he said "I", not we as a team. He took responsibility for his mistakes.

Juke, I live here in the NE also. My father used to call Simms the general. After Simms left my father predicted a down period for the Giants, not because of his paly at QB...because of his leadership.

Good points.

Have you heard Simms on the Imus show? He's hysterical.

There was no greater Henson backer than me. I always said that that didn't mean I was rooting against Romo.

I too like what I see. I'm just VERY concerned about how he throws the ball all over the place.

BUT that said, I do like his demeanor. He seems to be the perfect Parcells QB.

We'll see what Julius Peppers thinks about that.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Jarv;1124321 said:

Well, I kind of share you sentiments exactly, not the Simms part, since I don't know much about Simms the QB during his playing days.

I am still very skeptical about Romo avoiding mistakes, during critical times espeicially. But I disperately do want Romo to be good, so that Cowboys are not trying to draft a QB high next year for need, but rather take the best player available or for insurance sakes only. I.e. Romo has fairly good year this year but COwboys want to make sure they have backup plan in place in case Romo Falters.

sbark

Reaction score
In Romo i see guy who will approach it differently...

When he can inject a blurb on TO---about dateing his sister....

He wont "bark" back at BP, he will slide in a smooth "read between" the lines sarcastic comeback.....one that BP thinks he just got a compliment, but then 3 minutes later realizes Romo bit him in the arse....and bp will chuckle