Idea: Cowboys Podcast

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
So with the offseason upon us and now much entertainment around, I've started listening to various podcasts on my iPod when I'm driving.

So I decided to do a search on iTunes for a nice good quality Cowboys podcast that could help my fix. Thing is I didn't find one! The only quality one I could find was Talkin Cowboys through DC.com.

So an idea struck me. What if we did our own podcast doing discussions and such of the team? A CowboysZone podcast where members talk about various subject and their opinions. We could have guests and such in the future. A lot of us here have better opinions and better knowledge of the team than a bunch of ESPN Analysts and such.

Now this is just an idea and I haven't really thought it out yet, or how it would work. But I wanted to put it out there while it's fresh in my mind so I can hear everyones thoughts on it.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Have you tried NFL Rants and Raves.

Those guys are quite amusing....good stuff when walking the dog. :)

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
Yeah but I'm talking Cowboys Specific. Something we could have fun with. Again it's an idea.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
what exactly is a podcast? i just got an ipod and i see this podcast stuff all the time, yet i have no idea what it is. so what is a podcast?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1438019 said:
what exactly is a podcast? i just got an ipod and i see this podcast stuff all the time, yet i have no idea what it is. so what is a podcast?

record 30-60 minutes of you talking.
put it up on a website for download.
the process is called "podcasting".

apple is trying to sue to ensure no one else can use the name outside of apple based podcasts.

they won't win. it's already a generic term.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;1438037 said:

apple is trying to sue to ensure no one else can use the name outside of apple based podcasts.

thanks berg

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Try this one...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/hostpage.aspx?host_id=3478

I have been doing the show for about a year now. Call in on Saturday to give me your opinions.

Hostile from here is a regular on the show by the way.

On the two draft nights, April 28th and 29th, we are doing live shows at 10pm est. Other scheduled shows are listed on the site.

Sneak peak for this new show coming up this Saturday: CB Eric Wright from UNLV is interviewed by me.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
iceberg;1438037 said:

good explanation :)

its amazing though... it is nothing more than a audio file(recording)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
YoMick;1439646 said:
good explanation :)

its amazing though... it is nothing more than a audio file(recording)

yea, the rss feeds are cool when you add those in. it allows you to label the podcast w/content so people can subscribe and download the content they want to listen to.

but you're right. it's just hitting "record" on your computer - playing music, talking, interviewing, and hitting "stop" when done.

a tad more complex than that when it comes into "how" to do it all and what to encode it as, but not that tough overall.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
iceberg;1439648 said:
yea, the rss feeds are cool when you add those in. it allows you to label the podcast w/content so people can subscribe and download the content they want to listen to.

but you're right. it's just hitting "record" on your computer - playing music, talking, interviewing, and hitting "stop" when done.

a tad more complex than that when it comes into "how" to do it all and what to encode it as, but not that tough overall.

Yup.... it makes me laugh sometimes.... we put a different dress on the same girl and we think she is a different girl..... marketing/buzz/catch phrases/wording etc.... gotta love it

thanks for your feedback