If Andre Gurdode has a great training camp....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Purcells has already "black-marked" Gurode. Make no mistake. He's the backup center this year and he'll be gone next year. Guaranteed. He may not even make it out of training camp if Walter has a good camp.

Dye

Reaction score
i agree with michael...gurode was written off at guard and could potentiall be 3rd in depth chart at the center position. he squandered his chance last year.

parchy

Reaction score
No way Gurode starts anywhere this year... Peterman has never played and HE'S ahead of Gurode.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Gurode has played himself out of the starting lineup. Its time to move on and fix the right side of the line - a total weakness. Rivera in is an immediate upgrade. My money is on Petitti to take the RT job.

Fred Smith

Benched
Reaction score
The five best linemen will start, period. Just like last year, when Bill thought that Vinnie was the best quarterback. Vinnie started, and Drew Henson sat, and that was that. If Andre is one of the 5 best in training camp, he may start at left guard. If you want my prognostication, I believe the starting offensive line will be LT Flozell Adams, LG Larry Allen, C Al Johnson, RG Marco Rivera, and RT Ben Noll. I believe that Ben Noll is the sleeper of the team, and will develop into a solid RT.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dallasfan said:
Do we move Larry Allen to RT and put Gurdode in a RG?
If LA moves to RT it will be because Parcells wants Peterman on the field. Gurode is the backup Center unless we find someone equally capable. His roster spot is in jeopardy.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I still am not sure what Gurode's hang up was. I personally think it was mental. It stymied BP enough that he brought in Rivera.

I think he is on the roster bubble right now as well although some around here predict he gets 45% of the snaps at center.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Tyson Walters is a better Center than Gurode. He took his job in what 2002? Mental issues on Gurode, he's been moved back to a position he can't handle......

Gurode is really screwed here.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
Nors said:
Tyson Walters is a better Center than Gurode. He took his job in what 2002? Mental issues on Gurode, he's been moved back to a position he can't handle......

I'm not ready to write the guy off just yet - way too much potential. For anyone who watched him at Colorado - he was a monster (at Center) with exactly the meansteak that Parcells wants. Sometimes, OL take a little bit longer in the NFL to come around.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I expect the offensive line to start the season the same way it ended the season, except for rivera at RG instead of Andre Commode, who's been flushing his career down the toilet with his own stupidity.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
With Gurode, I'm just about beyond the point of expecting anything more than a guy that will be gone in a season or two after fading away on the bench. He came into the league seemingly with 'star' potential at guard, but has disappointed royally. Couldas, wouldas, shouldas. He has the talent, but I haven't seen enough yet to make me think he'll start getting it this season.

I don't hold any ill-will toward the guy as a fan, because I don't think his failures are because of a lack of effort on his part. Regardless, it's just not working out.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Didnt' Parcells "black mark" Keith Davis? And even cut him for being in the wrong spot,wrong time? And now he's the popular pick to be our FS.

Who is to say , if he FINALLY acts on his potential he wont be a star for us?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Davis at the time was a fringe player to make team at best.

Gurode is an almost 1st round pick, bust, and non performer. Davis is earning a second chance. Gurode is playing on house money.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Muhast said:
Didnt' Parcells "black mark" Keith Davis? And even cut him for being in the wrong spot,wrong time? And now he's the popular pick to be our FS.

Who is to say , if he FINALLY acts on his potential he wont be a star for us?

I think Davis has done enough on and off the field already to separate himself from that incident in Parcells' first year here. The fact he was brought back, kept on the team for a season and is being given a chance to start more than shows Parcells has already slipped that incident under the rug.

My doubt with Davis is that while he's a terrific special teamer and a very good safety in NFL Europe, will he really work out at safety here?

He strikes me as a pretty good character guy. Funny, too.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:

I thought Gurode played center at college and played better as a rookie at center with the Cowboys than at RG. Therefore wouldn't he be being moved back to his original position at center than his projected position at RG?