If anyone wonders why Garrett needs to go, this game is why

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Garrett is not a coach that is highly emotional, so if you are expecting him to yell and scream at players on the sidelines, you will be waiting a long time. Some coaches are yellers and some aren't. I'm not remotely putting Garret in Landry's class, but Landry wasn't a yeller and screamer. He was very stoic on the sidelines. Pete Carroll doesn't yell and scream at his players. He just chomps his gum, claps and gives them a pat when they come off the field. Doug Pederson? Didn't see him doing a lot of yelling at his team when we were curb stomping them. Andy Reid? Not much yelling there either.

Are you a Garrett fan?

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Definitely not wrong. YOu can watch it again if you like. He was in the middle of everything, running over, talking smack and then laughing it up on the sidelines with the players.
I don't have to watch it again. He was not stirring anything (other than the one time he tried to slap the ball). I want my defensive captain having his teammates backs. If there is a scrum after a play, he damn well better be over there with his teammates.

And god forbid an NFL player talk smack! Holy crap what is this league coming to???

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Maybe so he can know what's being called and when

Not at all. I thought he should have been canned several years ago. I just think you argument about him not holding players accountable based on him not yelling at them on the sidelines is foolish.

How do you know he didnt yell at the players on the sidelines? Anyone can play that game. LOL

You dont have to yell at a guy. But you can actually interact with them besides patting fannies. You can also bench them for a few plays. Plenty of things you can do. I actually saw Garrett give a guy a sideways looks several games ago. First time I ever saw him do anything.

Whatever Garrett is doing, its definitely not working. Looks like there are lots of fans that agree with me on here.

And yah, I prefer a disciplinarian that holds the players accountable and demands discipline.

Whatever Carol does over in Seattle, it works much much better than Garrett.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't have to watch it again. He was not stirring anything (other than the one time he tried to slap the ball). I want my defensive captain having his teammates backs. If there is a scrum after a play, he damn well better be over there with his teammates.

And god forbid an NFL player talk smack! Holy crap what is this league coming to???

Obviously you dont care and dont even bother to pay attention. I guess you are just like Garrett and would do nothing about undisciplined, smack talking fools doing everything they can to lose a game.

Would you pat fannes too like Garrett? LOL

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not at all. I thought he should have been canned several years ago. I just think you argument about him not holding players accountable based on him not yelling at them on the sidelines is foolish.

I agree completely with this. Many fans who want Garrett canned feel like they have to justify it with every ridiculous notion they can create in their minds, and that really makes no sense. Like you, I would like to have seen Garrett replaced a few years ago, but that belief is based on some simple facts … that he hasn't made the playoffs enough, that he hasn't been able to get them over the hump and make a deep playoff run when they have made the playoffs, and that his teams have been too up and down rather than being a consistent contender. It has nothing to do with whether he says exactly what I want him to say in the post game press conference, or twisting his words or a body lean or an eye twitch into meaning something significant, or whether he has a habit of clapping on the sidelines, or imagining some deep seeded character flaw. That's all nonsense. The only justification needed is that he hasn't accomplished what he was hired to accomplish.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Whats the matter afraid to be proven wrong? Are you a patting fanny kinda guy too? :lmao2::lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree completely with this. Many fans who want Garrett canned feel like they have to justify it with every ridiculous notion they can create in their minds, and that really makes no sense. Like you, I would like to have seen Garrett replaced a few years ago, but that belief is based on some simple facts … that he hasn't made the playoffs enough, that he hasn't been able to get them over the hump and make a deep playoff run when they have made the playoffs, and that his teams have been too up and down rather than being a consistent contender. It has nothing to do with whether he says exactly what I want him to say in the post game press conference, or twisting his words or a body lean or an eye twitch into meaning something significant, or whether he has a habit of clapping on the sidelines, or imagining some deep seeded character flaw. That's all nonsense. The only justification needed is that he hasn't accomplished what he was hired to accomplish.

If guys didnt come on here sticking up for Garrett, then there would be no posts about how horrid he is and why he is horrid.

Its actually guys like you and patty fanny guy that cause threads just like this over and over again.

And for a guy that says quite plainly that he thinks Garrett should have been fired, coming on here to defend him sounds like a complete waste of time.

cowboygo

Reaction score
It was sad to watch how undisciplined this team is. Dumb dumb penalties over and over again. And it was leaders like Jaylon, Lawrence, Quinn, ect....ect.... doing a lot of it.

And Garrett sat there and did NOTHING but shake his head and pat fannies.

Dallas even came out at halftime and NOTHING changed. And the Cowboys were talking smack all game long like they had something to brag about. All this with 3 and 5 point leads at times.

After the game all the announcers were disgusted at how much talent the Cowboys had, but how sloppy they play. A few guys directly referencing Garrett and the coaching.
Of all the games Garrett has coached, this is not the straw that broke the camel's back. This is the NFL, there is talent on the Giants team. We aren't going to put up 21 points each quarter.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am not a Garrett basher but for some reason he likes to kick 50 yard field goals that when the kicker misses it changes the momentum of the game. To me you either go for it on 4th and 5 or you punt it. You put the defense at a disadvantage when you miss. Its like a turnover. Only kick 50 yard field goals at the end of the half or the end of the game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't think it's about being a Garrett fan.

It's about about calling out stupid posts from people who have no idea what they are talking about.

What did Dak mean when he said. "We just need to get out of our own way"?

I guess he doesn't know what he is talking about either eh?

Stupid much? :clap::clap:

817Gill, Whyjerry, RGV_C_Los and 21 others like this.

Last edited:

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
What did Dak mean when he said. "We just need to get out of our own way"?

I guess he doesn't know what he is talking about either eh?

Stupid much? :clap::clap:

817Gill, Whyjerry, RGV_C_Los and 21 others like this.
Nobody here disagrees that Dallas has made dumb mistakes. You seem to want to place all the blame on Garrett because he doesn't yell and scream at people. Others realize that Garrett isn't the answer as HC, but also realize that his personality isn't to yell and scream, rather he probably prefers to handle discipline in private. Also, the players are professionals and for me, much of the blame for dumb penalties falls on their shoulders.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nobody here disagrees that Dallas has made dumb mistakes. You seem to want to place all the blame on Garrett because he doesn't yell and scream at people. Others realize that Garrett isn't the answer as HC, but also realize that his personality isn't to yell and scream, rather he probably prefers to handle discipline in private. Also, the players are professionals and for me, much of the blame for dumb penalties falls on their shoulders.

Finally a well thought out response.

The players are the ones consistently making dumb penalties. And especially last game as it was getting carried away, they needed to be put in their place.

Maybe you disagree with that. But I know plenty of coaches that would never stand for that. I prefer the disciplinarian. Either way, this is a common trait for a Garrett run team. So whether he is doing it in private or not at all, its not working.

BECAUSE of THAT Garrett has blame. At some point it goes back to the HC.

And we saw point blank that Garrett sat there and did NOTHING during the game as it was unfolding. And it continued to happen.

Last edited:

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I can't argue that this team is not disciplined. While some penalties cannot be avoided, no one is perfect, stupid penalties like the OT lining up off the LOS should never happen. Some of those retaliation penalties were stupid too. The penalty on the sideline after the hit on Jones was BS too. It was a legal hit and Hernandez had no right to go and push the Cowboys player like that. HE started it and should have been flagged immediately. How that wound up a penalty on Dallas is curious. But the other penalties involving Hernandez were stupid. All of them could have been avoided. Garrett should have been in someone's face after that. Even though the game was won at that point, he had to let the team know that stupid mistakes cannot be tolerated.

:clap::clap:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Maybe so he can know what's being called and when

Have you ever seen him pull it out? LOL

Another ridiculous comment.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Hearing excuses why a team is not prepared, and in fact it rarely is, game after game year after year really starting to get old.

If i was asked why some fans do that now, and you know who you are, then my only guess would be that they are young fans who hasn't seen this for very long.

This team is poorly coached. Players may wanna play and win, so they will on occasion, but this coaching staff, particularly Garret, is not helping them very much at all.