If Bledsoe goes down are we completely finished?

juck

Reaction score
goes down.Are we completely finished?How much faith do u guys have in Romo or Henson.i personally would have like to see Romo playing in Europe as well.We are fortunate that bledsoe is a rock, but wouldnt it suck for him if he went out and the same thing happened as in new England,romo comes in lights out.I personally am very pleased with Bledsoe and hope he continues without problems.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
juckie said:
goes down.Are we completely finished?How much faith do u guys have in Romo or Henson.i personally would have like to see Romo playing in Europe as well.We are fortunate that bledsoe is a rock, but wouldnt it suck for him if he went out and the same thing happened as in new England,romo comes in lights out.I personally am very pleased with Bledsoe and hope he continues without problems.

I would have liked to seen Romo in Europe after all he has not seen any real playing time. As for the future of both young QB's no way of knowing but as I have said I like the potential of Henson for the same reasons scouts like him and that is raw physical abilities.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Toast if for more than a game or two, what I remember was whn Aikman got hurt his back-up sorry forget name looked great for a game or two but the defenses zero in on your weaknesses.....bu honestly I don't think any of the vets out there are any better...

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
If Bledsoe goes down - the season is not over. We've seen first hand what a good defense can do with a servicable (QC) QB at the helm. I don't want to see it happen, but if it does we still have hope based on our coaching staff and defense.

I do agree though that I wish Romo was playing in the NFLE as well. Funny how everyone talks about Henson's lack of experience, yet Romo's totally experienced from holding kicks on the field :rolleyes:

gbrittain

Reaction score
BARRYRAY said:
Toast if for more than a game or two, what I remember was whn Aikman got hurt his back-up sorry forget name looked great for a game or two but the defenses zero in on your weaknesses.....bu honestly I don't think any of the vets out there are any better...

I tend to agree with this assessment, but there are exceptions.

Tommy Maddox went down Ben Rs rookie year and he went out and won every game he started except the AFC championship game.

Trent Green of the Rams went down in preseason and all the little known non drafted former arena football player did was win a NFL MVP and take his team to a Superbowl victory.

Drew Bledsoe went down and in came a sixth round 2nd year player by the name of Tom Brady who went on to win three out of the next four Superbowls.

I am in no way confident that would happen here in Dallas, just pointing out that Dallas could get lucky and find that they have a gem hidden in the depth chart.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Hey I am not overly worried about a back up QB, If Bledsoe goes down, I am sure we will be just fine. Last time, Drew went down, NE found Tom Brady,, so you never know.

ravidubey

Reaction score
We aren't completely finished because our team is better overall. Defenses will try and blitz heavily and Romo or Henson will just have to throw the ball away until they find their groove.

I'm confident our defense and OL will improve and I know our WR corps has improved. Even Polite will be a better player.

Romo/Henson can't fare worse than Testaverde did in 2004 with no one to throw to and some average to awful blocking in place. If they do then we know they are not pro QB's.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Everyone who has posted in this thread needs to knock on wood. Bledsoe is critical to our success this season.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Bledsoe goes down, I would expect that Parcells would design the offense for either Henson or Romo and still maintain some sort of competitivness....

I mean come on, if Parcells can win 10 games with the great Quincy Carter, I trust that he can design the games to the strenth of either Henson or Romo...

At least, that's what I would like to believe! :eek:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
5Stars said:
If Bledsoe goes down, I would expect that Parcells would design the offense for either Henson or Romo and still maintain some sort of competitivness....

I mean come on, if Parcells can win 10 games with the great Quincy Carter, I trust that he can design the games to the strenth of either Henson or Romo...

At least, that's what I would like to believe! :eek:

Actually both BP and Jerry addressed that question same way. I.e. they said they could design the offense around them and still win. And that was Last year mind you.

So this year, they should be further down the curve. I personally think, if neither has regressed both Romo and HEnson might be upto task. So who ever will be No. 2 by end of TC, will be capable of holding the forte, as long as we have a good D and good enough OL.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
littlewebs said:
Everyone who has posted in this thread needs to knock on wood. Bledsoe is critical to our success this season.

thats not very reassuring :bang2:

Justis

Reaction score
we'd be sunk. But honestly who wouldn't. If the Steelers lost Roethlisberger, the Colts lost Manning, or the Pats lost Brady they'd be just as screwed. We're better off than some, because at least Bledsoe hasn't missed a start in four years.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Justis said:
we'd be sunk. But honestly who wouldn't. If the Steelers lost Roethlisberger, the Colts lost Manning, or the Pats lost Brady they'd be just as screwed. We're better off than some, because at least Bledsoe hasn't missed a start in four years.

please...anybody can go in and go 13-20 with a 2 yard TD pass. hes a game manager and nothing more. take away the running game and defense and hes not much

Justis

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
please...anybody can go in and go 13-20 with a 2 yard TD pass. hes a game manager and nothing more. take away the running game and defense and hes not much
I hope your joking.

juck

Reaction score
big ben aint all that,although he was smoking in playoffs minus SB.

NoCalMike

Reaction score
You guys have too much faith in Bledsoe. You might be finished WITH HIM. Bledsoe is your typical stat-page filler, 4th quarter-horrible throw-maker.

Rumor

Reaction score
Future 585 said:

I completely agree...