If Bledsoe goes down are we completely finished?

Rumor

Reaction score
NoCalMike said:
You guys have too much faith in Bledsoe. You might be finished WITH HIM. Bledsoe is your typical stat-page filler, 4th quarter-horrible throw-maker.

Are we talking about the same qb?

I dont think so...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Vertigo_17 said:
If Bledsoe goes down - the season is not over. We've seen first hand what a good defense can do with a servicable (QC) QB at the helm. I don't want to see it happen, but if it does we still have hope based on our coaching staff and defense.

I do agree though that I wish Romo was playing in the NFLE as well. Funny how everyone talks about Henson's lack of experience, yet Romo's totally experienced from holding kicks on the field :rolleyes:
It would be totally un-professional of BP not to have a servicable QB behind a team that could contend for a SB this year.

We have come to far to have Bledsoe go down, and then Romo or Henson have no experience to lead the team. All young QBs go thru their growing pains, and we may have to sit thru crap for 4 games before they actually get it, and by then, our season could be over.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
juckie said:
goes down.Are we completely finished?How much faith do u guys have in Romo or Henson.i personally would have like to see Romo playing in Europe as well.We are fortunate that bledsoe is a rock, but wouldnt it suck for him if he went out and the same thing happened as in new England,romo comes in lights out.I personally am very pleased with Bledsoe and hope he continues without problems.

I dont know about that... sometimes "THE Man" goes down and the unknown, untested guy SHINES and leads way to future... sometimes its a blessing in disguise...

I dont have faith in Bledsoe. T.O. MIGHT save his arse...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
NoCalMike said:
You guys have too much faith in Bledsoe. You might be finished WITH HIM. Bledsoe is your typical stat-page filler, 4th quarter-horrible throw-maker.

:laugh2:

What is a horrible throw-maker any hows?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
juckie said:
goes down.Are we completely finished?How much faith do u guys have in Romo or Henson.i personally would have like to see Romo playing in Europe as well.We are fortunate that bledsoe is a rock, but wouldnt it suck for him if he went out and the same thing happened as in new England,romo comes in lights out.I personally am very pleased with Bledsoe and hope he continues without problems.

Is VT working?:D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NoCalMike said:

Wow another Commander Troll ...... is it just me or have they multiplied since we signed our free agents .......

Fear makes Rats get mean. :lmao:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To Answer the original question ..........

Is there a team in the league who isnt basically finished if their starting QB goes down?

Show me a team who is ok with their starting QB on the bench ........ and I will show you a team who doesnt have a good QB ..... ;)

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
NoCalMike said:

***!! :mad: Mods please ban this clown:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i think we'll do good, not the like pitts cenerio or the pats but i have enough confidence in our hole team to do well enough if someone goes down....except in the wr department lol

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
NoCalMike said:
wrong qb guy....your thinking of the other qb in our division Donovan McFlabb

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
I tend to agree with this assessment, but there are exceptions.

Tommy Maddox went down Ben Rs rookie year and he went out and won every game he started except the AFC championship game.

Trent Green of the Rams went down in preseason and all the little known non drafted former arena football player did was win a NFL MVP and take his team to a Superbowl victory.

Drew Bledsoe went down and in came a sixth round 2nd year player by the name of Tom Brady who went on to win three out of the next four Superbowls.

I am in no way confident that would happen here in Dallas, just pointing out that Dallas could get lucky and find that they have a gem hidden in the depth chart.
...and neither did those teams. It's not like they new they had superstars in waiting. If we hit on one, we are lucky as are those teams

Justis

Reaction score
NoCalMike said:
typical skins ******. It doesn't matter that Bledsoe has the record for 4th quarter comebacks.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Henson looked real good in NFL Europe (whatever that really means).
Romo seems to have at least something.

If it was for a few games, I think that we could do alright. The Defense should be better next year, and just the presence of TO should still keep defenses honest.

Honestly, if Henson or Romo cant get the ball to TO, Glenn, Witten, etc. when another team tries to expose our weakness in that situation (Wet bhind the ears QB) by putting 8 guys in the box, they shouldnt be playing QB at this level anyway.

lspain1

Reaction score
What Roethlisberger had when he came in was a very good offensive line that gave him an excellent running game and the luxury to be patient in his reads. Bledsoe going down would be a serious blow, as it would be for all teams to lose their starting QB. But how our young QB's would do in that situation would depend on how well our OL performed.