If Cowboys get Dak signed low enough maybe Bengals would do some trading?

ultron

Reaction score
Dak is worth more than just the 1st overall pick, he’s a proven NFL QB - Joe Burrow isn’t. He couldn’t even beat out Haskins at OSU and Haskins first year in the nfl was laughable. Why do some of you think Dak is some tier 5 QB? He’s been in the league for 4 years and has proven he can stay healthy and the kid can flat out play. There’s only about 5 QBs I’d rather have over Dak & Burrow isn’t even close to one of them.

leeblair

Reaction score
You are persistent in your hate for Dak threads. And it has already got old. To the point you seem like a troll. Not a fan.
It is consuming your life, to sit around all day to think up such threads. You may need intervention.
We have a poster that is this way with Zeke. Though I don’t see his posts anymore. :laugh:
I don't hate Dak.
I just don't think he's worth near what he's asking and I don't think he's a franchise caliber quarterback.
But he is an outstanding athlete.
He just hasn't shown the capability to lead the Cowboys to play better because of his own drive.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not anti-Dak.
It's pro-Cowboys.
This would be a great deal for the Cowboys.

If you are pro Cowboys, then you should support the QB who has a lot more wins than losses, and is near the top in stats too. instead of ripping him all the time. Look for the good not always the bad. It is like the anti Romo pundits used to invent stats to make him look like he was bad. When in fact he was not. They never made stats to make him look good, though they were right there in front of them. He had his issues as Dak does, but both still won. Many QB”s have issues.
Need the team as all QB”s need around them. Just only a few that do not need as much around them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't hate Dak.
I just don't think he's worth near what he's asking and I don't think he's a franchise caliber quarterback.
But he is an outstanding athlete.
He just hasn't shown the capability to lead the Cowboys to play better because of his own drive.

He has shown a lot of his own drive. He never gives up. For saying you do not hate Dak, it sure seems like it.

Bigdog

Reaction score
That would be pretty dumb on the Bengals to do that trade. Why would they pay Dak when they can get Burrows cheaper with a better skill set? Makes no sense at all. If the Bengals would do it I would do it in a heartbeat but this ain’t Madden.

Blake

Reaction score
I'm wondering if any other fanbases will entertain a trade for you. We acquired you at the league minimum of functioning brain matter.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
If we gonna dream why not ask for Justin Herbert or Jacob Eason

Adreme

Reaction score
So let me see if I understand this plan right: First sign Dak and probably end up paying fairly substantial signing bonus which the Cowboys would have to eat because of how trades work in the NFL. After eating that 30m in dead money for the year trade for the number 1 pick knowing that statistically you are not likely to find a franchise QB and even more unlikely to find one better than Dak and you are doing this so that after next year you have 3 more years of cheap QB play IF it works out (the 5th year option is now FAR more expensive)? Did I cover every aspect of the plan?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I sure would be thrilled to see Joe Burrow lead the next generation of Cowboys under McCarthy.
Perhaps the Bengals would give up their number one pick if Dak was under contract for 4 or 5 years.
The Cowboys could get Burrow and under his rookie deal would save millions of dollars.
I just can't see why Jerry and Stephen wouldn't be trying to sell this package to the Bengals, unless they are absolutely not interested in Dak.
You have quite the imagination. You should be writing for Disney.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I sure would be thrilled to see Joe Burrow lead the next generation of Cowboys under McCarthy.
Perhaps the Bengals would give up their number one pick if Dak was under contract for 4 or 5 years.
The Cowboys could get Burrow and under his rookie deal would save millions of dollars.
I just can't see why Jerry and Stephen wouldn't be trying to sell this package to the Bengals, unless they are absolutely not interested in Dak.

I'll never understand why some fans tease themselves with scenarios that have no chance of happening.

garyo1954

Reaction score
We cold just jump the Patriots and take FIU's James Morgan in Round 5 or 6.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
You are persistent in your hate for Dak threads. And it has already got old. To the point you seem like a troll. Not a fan.
It is consuming your life, to sit around all day to think up such threads. You may need intervention.
We have a poster that is this way with Zeke. Though I don’t see his posts anymore. :laugh:

It’s taken till now for you to realise he’s a troll, and a bad one at that...
He used to troll over on the Ranch, was good at it for a time, but his same old rhetoric soon got old and nowadays he’s just a sad individual.
He’s also a Minnesota Vikings fan more than a Cowboys one.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Burrow is going to be a bust. 1 year wonder. Was garbage up until last season

The only chance he will bust is because of who is drafting him.

His ability on a team like Dallas would put us over the top in a few years.

Dak will only bring the team down with his high salary and low playmaking ability.

fivetwos

Reaction score
So let me see if I understand this plan right: First sign Dak and probably end up paying fairly substantial signing bonus which the Cowboys would have to eat because of how trades work in the NFL. After eating that 30m in dead money for the year trade for the number 1 pick knowing that statistically you are not likely to find a franchise QB and even more unlikely to find one better than Dak and you are doing this so that after next year you have 3 more years of cheap QB play IF it works out (the 5th year option is now FAR more expensive)? Did I cover every aspect of the plan?
Exactly. I figured I'd see the dead money line of reasoning posted quickly but it took until page two.

Dak has to basically agree to a contract with the Bengals, then compensation needs to be agreed upon.

There are at least 6-7 good reasons why this would never happen.

The dead money makes it impossible.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So Dak is horrible but a team is going to give us the first overall pick? Makes sense

morat1959

Reaction score
Dak is worth more than just the 1st overall pick, he’s a proven NFL QB - Joe Burrow isn’t. He couldn’t even beat out Haskins at OSU and Haskins first year in the nfl was laughable. Why do some of you think Dak is some tier 5 QB? He’s been in the league for 4 years and has proven he can stay healthy and the kid can flat out play. There’s only about 5 QBs I’d rather have over Dak & Burrow isn’t even close to one of them.
I’ll take a double shot!