If Dak was still playing would we be 3-9?

Praxit

Reaction score
...nope, I honestly think Dak would have us at least 7-5. There were a few games the defense played well to win them. Of course with Dak at the helm. Dalton is just a leg worth all of Dak.

But I suppose whatever was not right with the team, would eventually get exposed.

..thoughts? ..

joseephuss

Reaction score
Too many offensive linemen have been injured for any QB to have great success. Games are won in the trenches and Dallas has had a times played back ups to the back ups. Plus it would still be the same defense. Record may be better, but not much.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Better? Without question. Do we have a winning record? Tough to say. Washington, Pittsburgh, baltimore, Arizona all tough games that we lost without dak.

I’m just not sure he alone could overcome all those. Maybe we win the first Washington game, maybe Pittsburgh. Probably in first place in the division, but I still wouldn’t say we were a good team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm a Dak fan but its hard to say. He was putting up points and our defense was matching whatever he put up.

I think with Dak there was hope that eventually the wheels would get on the track for the Cowboys. They would eventually go on a 2 or 3 game winning streak and get out of the purgatory they were in.

So I'd like to say we at least would've been a .500 team but we wouldn't' have lost to the NFC East like this. We wouldn't have lost to these offensively challenged teams for sure.

We have to remember that Dak had 3 losses but it was to the Browns, Rams and Seahawks.......all 3 playoff teams.

I see no reason to believe we wouldn't beat the Vikings, Eagles, Commanders and Giants. Maybe we could've even stole that Steelers. This defense is so bad though......damn.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Last I checked Dak was good for about 17 points per game on offense more than what we have been getting. So the games we lost by 17 or less were Pitt, Philly and Baltimore. So I give us a better than even chance to have won those with Dak. Then some of the games where we were in position to take control of at one point or another but the defense let us down.. like Thanksgiving. We were also in a position to have a lead at half against AZ as I recall. That game also might have gone very differently with Dak at the helm. Obviously with 180 yards on the ground PLUS Dak slingin it we roll the VIkings. Worst case this team is 6-6 with Dak heading into a pretty soft home stretch to the season. Even with the defense pooping the bed most of the games Dak was probably going to drag us at least to the division title. Yeah we probably get boat raced in the playoffs but I'm always in favor of getting there vs not.

Qcard

Reaction score
...nope, I honestly think Dak would have us at least 7-5. There were a few games the defense played well to win them. Of course with Dak at the helm. Dalton is just a leg worth all of Dak.

But I suppose whatever was not right with the team, would eventually get exposed.

..thoughts? ..
Agreed even with the Dak Haters dumbest excuses like "8-8", a Dak led team would be contending for this horrible division.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
As evidence from the first four games of the year

LOL.. Yeah I'm not sure Dak was going to be able to do anything to help that defense aside from scoring 40 a game. Still they did put up 3 straight decent performances against Philly, Pitt and Minny and were sorta holding up against the WFT until the 4th quarter. They don't seem to have recovered from that 4th quarter yet. Still with them holding their own for 3+ quarters Dak might have put 30 on the board against the WFTs by then and have THEM playing from behind instead of us.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL.. Yeah I'm not sure Dak was going to be able to do anything to help that defense aside from scoring 40 a game. Still they did put up 3 straight decent performances against Philly, Pitt and Minny and were sorta holding up against the WFT until the 4th quarter. They don't seem to have recovered from that 4th quarter yet. Still with them holding their own for 3+ quarters Dak might have put 30 on the board against the WFTs by then and have THEM playing from behind instead of us.

There was a little time there where the defense got better. They were actually getting some turnovers. Dak never had that pleasure early in the season. Then special teams had gotten better as well.