If Dalton is a cap casualty

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Blimey! Someone to push Dak?
Cooper Rush to the practice squad.
I think Dalton could flourish here, ruffians.
Be kind and smart, lads!

Bigdog

Reaction score
Blimey! Someone to push Dak?
Cooper Rush to the practice squad.
I think Dalton could flourish here, ruffians.
Be kind and smart, lads!
I know that Dallas has interest in him when in the draft that year.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Would rather draft daks replacement. Qb's want way too much cash. Whats the going rate for a quality backup, 8million a year? Dalton may want 20+ No thanks. While i want to upgrade the position hes not much better and certainly notfor the price he will command.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Would rather draft daks replacement. Qb's want way too much cash. Whats the going rate for a quality backup, 8million a year? Dalton may want 20+ No thanks. While i want to upgrade the position hes not much better and certainly notfor the price he will command.

Silly, silly boy.
Dalton won't be able to ask for big bucks!
Plus, his recent production tumbled, but he has the tools. He could be a great backup!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Silly, silly boy.
Plus, his recent production tumbled, but he has the tools. He could be a great backup!

Yeathats what people said about foles too. Washed up old pick that didnt pan out. The bungles had a very bad offensive year, but i think most of that was on the OC that was fired early on. Even if he was to only backup Dsk, thats 8+million you'd have to give him or are you living in dream land?

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Would like to see Dak have some competition, be it a veteran or a draft pick. Had a great rookie year but I was not fond of turning the reigns of the franchise over to a 4th round draft pick who operated in a dialed down offence in his first year. It showed when we depended on him in the next year. Maybe a little QB competition would be wise, not sure Dalton is affordable though.

Dak was a 4th rounder, maybe draft another mid-round pick to push him. Competition can be good.

robjay04

Reaction score
Silly, silly boy.

Someone is going to pay Dalton well over 7 million a year. Even last year he had 25 touchdowns versus 12 interceptions. There are enough QB needy teams that he will have a job as soon as he hits the market.

Not counting Drew Brees because he will eventually resign with the Saints, Dalton would be the second best QB on the market behind Cousins if he is cut tomorrow.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Team is betting the farm on Dak. Jerry alluded to it just this week.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yeathats what people said about foles too. Washed up old pick that didnt pan out. The bungles had a very bad offensive year, but i think most of that was on the OC that was fired early on. Even if he was to only backup Dsk, thats 8+million you'd have to give him or are you living in dream land?
The 8 you mention, I take it would be his cap buyoff?
If not, his agent can negotiate down.