If Detroit is willing to trade Roy Williams..

Spectre

Reaction score
A #2 and Crayton or a #2 and Hurd.

They'd probably prefer a defensive player though so if it happened it would probably involve one of the front 7 guys.

The shame is, nothing is going to happen because Jerry is too stubborn and probably thinks a little too highly of T.O.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2311164 said:
I truly understand the potential of Austin and the sure-handedness of Crayton, even though he hasn't been so thus far this season.

But the problem seems evident to me.

Some say Witten is the #2 receiver here. But there is a flaw in this scenario. Witten can't score from anywhere on the field. He is not the greatest at breaking tackles.

He is a possession receiver, but that does not force teams into rethinking the double and triple on TO.

Austin doesn't have enough experience as yet. I thought the pick last week against the Skins was due more to Romo not seeing the linebacker due to defenders in the way and Austin not recognizing he must shield the ball to prevent a pick.

Crayton simply doesn't have the speed to be the type of threat needed.

This team needs someone who can make the other team pay if they try and take TO out of the game like today.

I like R Williams of Detroit. But that doesn't mean I am advocating for him specifically.

Teams will continue to frustrate TO until he acts out or we have someone who is a legitimate threat.

Just my opinion.
The need for this team is to force teams into Zone. We do that and it is a duck shoot. Right now, teams are doubling TO very physically and they can do that because the only other weapon they really fear is Witten.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
dbair1967;2311280 said:
wow, another Mike Lynn wannabe!

all of that is way too much...give them a #1 and a later pick, or maybe a #1 and Miles Austin. There's no way I'd give up Crayton in a deal to get him.

Personally, I would give up any of our WRs (except Stanback) for him. Draft pick(s) and Carpenter.

Austin has some serious potential and so does Hurd. Crayton would be one of the best #3 WRs. He was a stud in the slot when we had Glenn and TO, first down machine.

I would think a #1 and #3/#4 would get the job done though.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;2311297 said:
The need for this team is to force teams into Zone. We do that and it is a duck shoot. Right now, teams are doubling TO very physically and they can do that because the only other weapon they really fear is Witten.

Honestly this is excuse making for them. Not many teams have an Owens or a Witten, we have both. And they most certainly dont have an Owens+Witten+Romo+RB's+OL that we have.

When teams play junk defenses to take away Owens we should be able to run the ball at will, yet we cant for whatever reason.

Primetime42

Reaction score
On this note, I would like to say that I am officially convinced that Bobby Carpenter is a woman.

Absolutely no excuse for what he did on the onside kick. He damn near ran away from the ball and the contact.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
dbair1967;2311341 said:
Honestly this is excuse making for them. Not many teams have an Owens or a Witten, we have both. And they most certainly dont have an Owens+Witten+Romo+RB's+OL that we have.

When teams play junk defenses to take away Owens we should be able to run the ball at will, yet we cant for whatever reason.

:hammer:

Primetime42;2311625 said:
On this note, I would like to say that I am officially convinced that Bobby Carpenter is a woman.

Absolutely no excuse for what he did on the onside kick. He damn near ran away from the ball and the contact.

:laugh2:

Hailmary

Reaction score
I think there will be a lot in this forum who will be disappointed when the deadline passes w/o us having made a trade. Same could be said to members of forums everywhere.

There are rarely any major trades during the NFL deadline. Ever. This year won't be any different. The Roy Williams situation isn't any different. There's always talk of a struggling team making a big trade before the deadline EVERY year, and yet it hardly ever happens.

Not trying to be a "glass is half empty" guy, just stating facts. If I am wrong and we do end up w/ Roy, I'd happily eat crow 'cause I really do think he'll be able to help. But I seriously have my doubts.

ddh33

Reaction score
I'd like another weapon. I don't know how many targets there are to go around, but I think this team needs another threat...

Actually, I think the team could still manufacture a threat out of some of the guys here, but it's not happening yet. Crayton is better than he's shown. Austin has some speed and big-play ability. Felix still hasn't gotten the ball enough for me. So maybe it's all just a work in progress still...After all, this is only Week 5; they shouldn't be world beaters yet.

jbsg02

Reaction score
It's pretty much in the bag that we have him in the offseason unless Detroit franchises him, which they won't.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hailmary;2311663 said:
I think there will be a lot in this forum who will be disappointed when the deadline passes w/o us having made a trade. Same could be said to members of forums everywhere.

There are rarely any major trades during the NFL deadline. Ever. This year won't be any different. The Roy Williams situation isn't any different. There's always talk of a struggling team making a big trade before the deadline EVERY year, and yet it hardly ever happens.

Not trying to be a "glass is half empty" guy, just stating facts. If I am wrong and we do end up w/ Roy, I'd happily eat crow 'cause I really do think he'll be able to help. But I seriously have my doubts.
I've ridden this horse harder than anyone.

I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen. I normally would take this same stance.

Not this year though. I think it is getting more likely all the time. It hinges on Detroit having a fair asking price more than anything else. If they do, I think it happens. If they don't, I know one WR who will be sad.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Hostile;2311776 said:

I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen. I normally would take this same stance.

Not this year though. I think it is getting more likely all the time. It hinges on Detroit having a fair asking price more than anything else. If they do, I think it happens. If they don't, I know one WR who will be sad.

If this somehow happens, it is over. We would not be stopped. We need a better option out there besides Crayton, someone that can take some pressure off of Owens and create some one on ones for him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;2311776 said:

I would think that when the Lions get to 0-5 that they would pull the trigger. The Lions are giving up a ton of points... I think the Vikes keep them winless.

They have to get some picks/players to start putting a quality product together(I know, I know thats funny) but they have to be thinking like that. I hope... I think...?

TtownCowboy

Reaction score
I'm just not sure our brass is actually interested. No doubt Williams wants to be here, but do Jerry and the boys want him like the majority of us do?

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
They were going to try to use Detroit Lions Roy Williams in this past game to rack up some trade points got 1 attempt for 4 yards and 7 rec for 96 yards, 25 being the longest catch

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah you could see they tried to get him the ball more, try and get trade value up, but they still got blew away. You'd think now, more than ever, they'd be looking to move him.