If Doug Pedersen was our coach

J817

Reaction score
His offensive scheme seems better. Would he still have a GM who drafts weed fiends and injury prone LBing projects in the 2nd round?

Verdict

Reaction score
I think Peterson would get fired with Marinelli as his D.C.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
Jesus Christ.
:lmao: This.

Close on being best post of 2017 for me .

I made the mistake of replying in that other thread about super bowl nonsense and being jealous of how the Eagles are run......you can't make this stuff up

canters

Reaction score
He has better and more talent than us in some places. That is about it.

Sydla

Reaction score
I honestly thought he would be a total boob. When you listened to him talk, he didn't strike you as the sharpest knife in the drawer. I recall his explanation as to why they took their time on a drive late when he called plays in a key game against NE a few years ago and KC was down multiple scores. He said they didn't want to give the ball back to Brady with too much time............. uhhh, you were down two scores, dumby.

Nevertheless, he's made me look foolish thus far. Eagles are well coached and their offense is so much more creative than ours is. Their passing game is way more creative and they use a lot of rubs, misdirection, to get guys open. Even simple thinks like WR screens are so much more well designed than ours.

This notion that he has more talent than us on offense is a reach. The one really true gap, at least heading into this season, was the TE position where Ertz was just younger than Witten.

It's one season, so I won't go bonkers in the praise, but he's done a better job than I thought and there's no question offensively, they seem to be far more creative than we are.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Very aggressive and unorthodox play caller. Although sometimes it's easy to figure out...if he motions a receiver, you can bet the play is intended to go the opposite way of where the receiver is motioning.

The issue with Pederson for us is that he's a WCO coach and that's not our offense. If Bruce Arians was our coach, even though he doesn't have the exact type of offense, then that would be interesting to see what our offense could do.

YR

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not making excuses but 3 or 4 of those playoff losses came down to very near the end of the game.

• The special teams blunder (Romo fumbled snap) in Seattle (maybe partially Parcells fault for having a starting QB play special teams, but not the play itself)
  • The perfect game-winning pass to Crayton to win vs the Giants, but he stopped his route (Phillips can't run the route for him)
  • The perfect possible game-winning pass to Dez--that he caught--but it got overturned by the refs. (Garrett can't control that call or Dez stretching for the endzone)
  • The game-winning Rodgers drive last year...uh, well...that sort of was on the coaching for allowing it.

But it is amazing how 2 playoff wins were so close to being 6.
Still not nearly enough, I know, but we forget how almost all of the losses went to the wire.

CheapietheCheapskate

Reaction score
Not making excuses but 3 or 4 of those playoff losses came down to very near the end of the game.

• The special teams blunder (Romo fumbled snap) in Seattle (maybe partially Parcells fault for having a starting QB play special teams, but not the play itself)
  • The perfect game-winning pass to Crayton to win vs the Giants, but he stopped his route (Phillips can't run the route for him)
  • The perfect possible game-winning pass to Dez--that he caught--but it got overturned by the refs. (Garrett can't control that call or Dez stretching for the endzone)
  • The game-winning Rodgers drive last year...uh, well...that sort of was on the coaching for allowing it.

But it is amazing how 2 playoff wins were so close to being 6.
Still not nearly enough, I know, but we forget how almost all of the losses went to the wire.

Well isn't that the Cowboys since Jerry completely took over? Even our best years are one and done because something always happens?

And why not go out and just steamroller a team so that can't even happen? The Falcons THROTTLED Green Bay.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well isn't that the Cowboys since Jerry completely took over? Even our best years are one and done because something always happens?

And why not go out and just steamroller a team so that can't even happen? The Falcons THROTTLED Green Bay.
Would be nice, wouldn't it.

Btw, by one and done...do you mean win one playoff game then lose the next?

Pants

Reaction score
screw him...they are a good team, not a great one....they haven't beaten many good teams, and now with their poster boy out, they go down in round one....the parking lot will be strewn with thousands of drunken eagle fans after the game fighting each other because everyone is laughing at them again...idiots....