If Garrett was fired, what's the immediate plan B?

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
It's a good point. Do you put the D coaches in charge? They have been coaching a squad that isn't achieving either. Maybe there is an assistant that has been a head coach so you at least get someone with experience. There isn't an obvious answer on this team and you can't hire from outside during the season.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Garrett was fired
giphy.gif

nobody

Reaction score
Eh, I'm not part of the fire Garrett now party. His contract is up at the end of the year. Don't make it to NFC Championship? Don't renew his contract. Simple. Clean. Effective.

With or without him, the Cowboys are getting at least 7 or 8 wins, more than likely 9 or 10. They will get enough to hurt in the draft, but probably not go far in the playoffs. They'll probably make it, but if they don't it'll still hurt the draft.

In the unlikely chance they make the NFC championship or even the SB, how they do there should determine Garrett's fate....but I have no faith he can prepare a team for this...nor do I have faith in the coaching crew to do that.
This same exact dance has been seen too many times under Jerry's wonderful management. haha.

Jerry needs a HC that will insist on full control and he needs to actually give that coach control so the coach can get the players to respect the position and actually get ready to play.
Treating them like men who should get themselves ready doesn't appear to work here with the kind of players they draft.

But I'm not silly enough to think that firing Garrett will produce much in the way of results without some other serious changes. Fortunately, there's still plenty of season left for these players to get their heads out of their butts and get back to work. They can't expect the coaches to do it for them.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Eh, I'm not part of the fire Garrett now party. His contract is up at the end of the year. Don't make it to NFC Championship? Don't renew his contract. Simple. Clean. Effective.

With or without him, the Cowboys are getting at least 7 or 8 wins, more than likely 9 or 10. They will get enough to hurt in the draft, but probably not go far in the playoffs. They'll probably make it, but if they don't it'll still hurt the draft.

In the unlikely chance they make the NFC championship or even the SB, how they do there should determine Garrett's fate....but I have no faith he can prepare a team for this...nor do I have faith in the coaching crew to do that.
This same exact dance has been seen too many times under Jerry's wonderful management. haha.

Jerry needs a HC that will insist on full control and he needs to actually give that coach control so the coach can get the players to respect the position and actually get ready to play.
Treating them like men who should get themselves ready doesn't appear to work here with the kind of players they draft.

But I'm not silly enough to think that firing Garrett will produce much in the way of results without some other serious changes. Fortunately, there's still plenty of season left for these players to get their heads out of their butts and get back to work. They can't expect the coaches to do it for them.
Zack Martin, Frederick, DLaw, LVE, Jaylon can’t be expected to get themselves ready?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Kellen hasn't shown anything in 2 weeks. Another coach in training.

So 563 yards in offense is nothing? It’s not Moore’s fault Dak gave the ball away or Coop let one bounce of his hands. My main complaint with Moore is why don’t we roll our mobile QB out on obvious passing downs.

Brax

Reaction score
who would be the acting HC in the event many, including myself, were to get their wish......Marinelli, Moore, Kitna???? There's not much waiting in the wings here and the season is still early.
JG isn't getting fired so no plan B is needed. Cup cake team on tap this week so all is well at the ranch

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
Zack Martin, Frederick, DLaw, LVE, Jaylon can’t be expected to get themselves ready?

DLaw has been mediocre this year. Frederick gets a pass because he was out a season and is getting back into form. LVE is in a sophomore slump and the entire defense can't stop the run. Sure, there are some players that can, but most appear unwilling or unable. The results show on the field and in the scores against good teams.

nobody

Reaction score
So 563 yards in offense is nothing? It’s not Moore’s fault Dak gave the ball away or Coop let one bounce of his hands. My main complaint with Moore is why don’t we roll our mobile QB out on obvious passing downs.

Games are won and lost based on score, not yards. The gameplan offensively seemed okay this week. It was execution that was the problem.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
563 yards is nothing because most of it came in garbage time when the Packers already let up. And the Cowboys were forced to pass. Where was the offense the first 3 quarters? The cowboys were behind 31-3. The Packers are awful against the run so so the gameplan was pass pass pass even when we were running the ball early in the game. Reminded me of those 8-8 years when we could run but chose not to.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
563 yards is nothing because most of it came in garbage time when the Packers already let up. And the Cowboys were forced to pass. Where was the offense the first 3 quarters? The cowboys were behind 31-3. The Packers are awful against the run so so the gameplan was pass pass pass even when we were running the ball early in the game. Reminded me of those 8-8 years when we could run but chose not to.
I can't comprehend. How some of these people can't see the entire picture. I'm not blaming anybody but the coaches the last two games yeah I know last game was turnovers but that's the situation of coaches put them in

EST_1986

Reaction score
Plan B, what's that?

Damn refs started giving us calls to sku that penalty ratio after giving GB a big lead. We should have lost 34-3 and forced a plan B down Jerrys throat during another embarrassing national game.
Plan B is what Garretts mom should have taken, saved up from all this mediocrity