If Giants Lose Out & We Win Out- What Happens?

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
It's a what-if scenario I think should be examined with the way the wheels seem to be falling off up there in the big apple. Who would have the tie-breaker if this were to happen?

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2494147 said:
It's a what-if scenario I think should be examined with the way the wheels seem to be falling off up there in the big apple. Who would have the tie-breaker if this were to happen?

The only question for the Giants is if they can win one of their last two and get the bye week to heal up some guys. They have the division already clinched. But, if they lose their last two and Minnesota beats Atlanta, the Giants end up with the three seed and no bye week playing a wildcard game.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Tom [Giants fan];2494184 said:
The only question for the Giants is if they can win one of their last two and get the bye week to heal up some guys. They have the division already clinched. But, if they lose their last two and Minnesota beats Atlanta, the Giants end up with the three seed and no bye week playing a wildcard game.

What he said. :)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

And we could end up playing them the first game.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2494370 said:
Oh..

So what was the tie-breaker that clinched it for them?

Probably because they beat a team or two that we lost to.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
jobberone;2494415 said:
And we could end up playing them the first game.

Could...BUT since they re-seed after every week that's not a given....If the #6 team wins, and the Giants stay the #1, then they would play them...not the #4 or #5 how the bracket shows right now here: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/bracket

If the #3 seed beats the #6 team, THEN the winner of the #4 and #5 seeded team would play the #1 seeded team.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Star4Ever;2494190 said:
We blew any chance at winning the division last week in Pittsburgh.

And what a shame that is. If we had beaten Pittsburgh, Dallas would be 10-4 and NY would be 11-3 with two games left. NY has a tough one next week and they're struggling. Who knows what would've happened? Oh well. I just hope we make the playoffs.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Well that all sucks, but at least nice we're showing them they haven't run away with nothing like they so thought they were going to.

Anyway, all, thanks for the info on my question!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
The Giants are 5-7 in the past three Decembers. We're 5-6.

Somehow, I don't think the media got the memo.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2495915 said:
The Giants are 5-7 in the past three Decembers. We're 5-6.

Somehow, I don't think the media got the memo.

Not surpising. I know we get a lot of love from many fans etc. but East Coast teams just get a pass IMO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
You win next week and week 17 won't matter. Next week is for HFA.

I'm saying it now. No way that team loses 3 in a row.

links18

Reaction score
morieeel;2494505 said:
Division record.

No, if we win out and they lose out we have identical division records. The tie breaker would seem to be record against common opponents: They beat Arizona, Washington, St. Louis, Pittsburgh-all losses for us. We beat the Browns, while they lost. They win the tie breaker.