If I am an NFL player I want to play for Coach Phillips

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Why wouldn't I want a coach who gives me a lot of days off if I am a veteran whose legs are tired? I don't even have to do a walk-through.

Why take the upcoming Pittsburgh game seriously? Wade says we're OK and I believe him!

If I am a player I can stink up the place on Sundays and then whine and all wade will say is I am "a competitor" and all those dumb plays, all those routes I did not finish -- well, there was a mix-up and I know he'll never slam me in public. If I complain loudly to the media about not getting the ball, about being moved to another posotion, Wade will say I "am a competitor" who wants to help the team. During games, if I give the ball away or drop a sure pick, I can come back to the sidelines and find ol' Wade just putting his hand to his forehead. He won't shout at me because, well, I am a professional, "a competitor."

I love this Wade Phillips if I am a Dallas Cowboys. He's soft and won't raise his voice at me. What's not to like about this cupcake of a coach?

On the other hand, I bet them Steelers are working hard. I pity those fools who practice hard, play hard and are tough enough to endure at least a frown on the sidelines if I mess up!

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2460819 said:
Why wouldn't I want a coach who gives me a lot of days off if I am a veteran whose legs are tired? I don't even have to do a walk-through.

Why take the upcoming Pittsburgh game seriously? Wade says we're OK and I believe him!

If I am a player I can stink up the place on Sundays and then whine and all wade will say is I am "a competitor" and all those dumb plays, all those routes I did not finish -- well, there was a mix-up and I know he'll never slam me in public. If I complain loudly to the media about not getting the ball, about being moved to another posotion, Wade will say I "am a competitor" who wants to help the team. During games, if I give the ball away or drop a sure pick, I can come back to the sidelines and find ol' Wade just putting his hand to his forehead. He won't shout at me because, well, I am a professional, "a competitor."

I love this Wade Phillips if I am a Dallas Cowboys. He's soft and won't raise his voice at me. What's not to like about this cupcake of a coach?

On the other hand, I bet them Steelers are working hard. I pity those fools who practice hard, play hard and are tough enough to endure at least a frown on the sidelines if I mess up!

He's fair. Har when he needs to and ease off when need to.

CoCo

Reaction score

Then I wouldn't want you on my team no matter who the coach is because you don't appear to have any self-discipline. :D

Not saying I'm a fan of Wade's style however.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Consider these facts before bashing Wade...

- We usually play worse in December, for some reason
- We are on a 3 game win streak, no one is stinking up the place
- We have 18 sacks in the last 4 games
- Older players bodies tend to heal slower
- We are expecting a physical game against the best defense
- Steelers are giving rest to some veteran players
- Veterans did walk through and watched tape on it

I understand if you are going to bash Wade for a good reason, but right now you can't. Whatever he is doing is working.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2460838 said:

I understand if you are going to bash Wade for a good reason, but right now you can't. Whatever he is doing is working.

^^^^^

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

While you're *****ing that Wade isn't hard enough the Steelers fans are *****ing that their coach is too hard. They're upset that he's working injured guys like Ben R and Parker in horrible conditions. Ben R just tweaked his ankle. I guess Wade can't win so the best he can do is just keep guys healthy. You're always going to want those hard nosed coaches like Bill Parcells even though we've had him already and all he got us was 10-6 and a 1st round exit. Oh wait we didn't even get into the 1st round. We were exited in the wild card i'm sorry.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2460838 said:

:hammer:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I like Wade. He may not be a great HC, probably isn't by most standards, but I don't hate on the guy the way most do.

zeromaster

Reaction score
If I were a Cowboys fan, I'd want to be a member of CowboysZone, where I could spray 50,000 watt complaints at random.

Oh, wait...

:lmao:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The OP needs just one thread that he can add to each week, because it's always the same thing.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
If I am an NFL player I want to play for Coach Phillips

True, assuming you don't care about winning a championship or a mere playoff game. The two are incompatible.

khiladi

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2460901 said:
I like Wade. He may not be a great HC, probably isn't by most standards, but I don't hate on the guy the way most do.

He can be a great HC, because he is one of the most brilliant coaching minds out there. He just has way too much loyalty to people he likes. Stewart and Reed are case in point.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
CoCo;2460834 said:
Then I wouldn't want you on my team no matter who the coach is because you don't appear to have any self-discipline. :D

Nor am I - but let's keep a little perspective here. It could be worse, we could have Norv Turner as HC.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score

:rolleyes:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

This team has won three in a row... 4 of last 5 actually. They are showing signs of: finally getting it, turning the corner, team on a mission.

You rant is null and void.
Amateurish and reporter/journallist-like. Sensationlism at its worst.

If we lose you can start another thread JUST LIKE THIS ONE :rolleyes:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2460971 said:
Nor am I - but let's keep a little perspective here. It could be worse, we could have Norv Turner as HC.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

True. Or Singletary. Or Marinelli.

Sigh.:)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
CoCo;2460834 said:

Awwww, coach, let me on the team!
I could play safety and how could I possibly be any worse than the inactive Roy Williams?:)