If Jimmy stays do we win 4 in a row?

jsb357

Reaction score
nope.

Jimmy's psychological methods of motivation worked best on young players.

Flamma

Reaction score
AND...………...would then THAT Cowboys team be considered the best of all time?

Who do you blame more for the breakup? Jerry or Jimmy?

As much as Jerry is a @#$%^$## for pushing Jimmy out, Jimmy is a punk for leaving. How do you leave when you are going for #3?

I blame them both. Two big egos that couldn't make it work.

I think Dallas wins 4 in a row and buries the 49ers. Here is my opinion on this ridiculous situation. I also think this is unprecedented in the history of the NFL, but Jerry managed to pull it off.

After the 1992 season where the Cowboys won the Super Bowl there is a problem getting Emmitt Smith signed. I know our D was good. I know we had weapons on O. But Emmitt probably had the most impact on getting us there if you want to call out a single player. Yet there was a problem.

After Emmitt is signed and we have a repeat of 1992 in 1993 what happens? We lose our head coach. Does anyone else see a moronic trend here? What is going on? That is like punishing your child for getting an A in math. That's like arresting a hero for saving three drowning puppies. It's Jerry. I blame Jerry. That said, I think he has come to his senses since then. I actually like him as a GM now. But that doesn't mean I will ever forgive him for his warped sense of humor. Because that was joke.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Yes.

And probably one more before the team aged and FA was fully implemented.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
AND...………...would then THAT Cowboys team be considered the best of all time?

Who do you blame more for the breakup? Jerry or Jimmy?

As much as Jerry is a @#$%^$## for pushing Jimmy out, Jimmy is a punk for leaving. How do you leave when you are going for #3?

I blame them both. Two big egos that couldn't make it work.

4 in a row is tough but I think they would have beaten that SF team. If not for Switzer's lack of preparation they probably don't go down 21 points and then who knows. Still might have won the game had they not allowed Sanders to mug Irvin and the OL stayed healthy. So yeah I think they could have.

I 100% blame Jerry Jones. He was the owner. His decision to fire Jimmy. The last 25 years of idiocy proves it was Jerry's fault.

khiladi

Reaction score
If the ref called the clear PI on Irvin by Sanders, we would have comeback and beat them.

Plankton

Reaction score
Something to consider here in all of this talk of winning the NFC Championship Game in San Francisco is the reason why the game was played in San Francisco - the Cowboys lost to the 49ers in San Francisco in Week 11 of the 1994 season. There's the possibility that Johnson would have had the team better prepared to win THAT game, and get home field for the title game.

JayFord

Reaction score
we wouldve won 5

switzer came in went 12-4 then the next season won the superbowl

i cant see why jimmy wouldnt have won 2 more

Valkyr

Reaction score
Jerry was too egotistical to be like Robert Kraft and stay out of the way of his genius HC, and too stupid to be like Al Davis and run everything himself.

We got the worst of both worlds. I shudder to think what this franchise would be if Dan Snyder wasn't even more incompetent.

kskboys

Reaction score

If Jimmy stays we don't see the huge mass exodus of our depth. Our drafting doesn't get completely stupid. And our team doesn't fall apart due to gross mismanagement.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I saw 3 in a row with players like Norton, and Gogan staying for that 3-peat. I then saw a year off in 1995. Jimmy Johnson would have never traded away the pick to draft Derrick Brooks like the idiot Jerry the Dumbo GM Jones. Best case, Jimmy would have traded up for the falling Warren Sapp. Either one would have made up for the losses on defense after the 3-peat. That means Jimmy Johnson would have had a LB core of Derrick Brooks, Darrin Smith, and Robert Jones or a DL with Warren Sapp, Leon Lett, Chad Hennings, Russell Maryland, Tony Tolbert, and Charles Haley.

They go back to the Super Bowl in 1996 and win it. Because instead of trading out the first round and losing Tony Brackens, Jimmy drafts Brackens. With a young defense of Brooks/Sapp, Smith, and Brackens, the triplets add a 4th ring.

1997 Jimmy continues by trading out of the 1st round for a 1st rounder in 1998 and picks up Sam Madison and a small school DE named Jason Taylor. But lose the Super Bowl to a trick play from the Patriots coach Bill Parcells.

With 2 1st round picks in the 1998 draft, Jimmy Johnson makes the greatest draft trade in NFL history, trading Troy Aikman to the Colts for the no.1 pick in the draft, a 2nd, and a third round pick. He allows the Charges who love Ryan Leaf to trade up one spot for another 2nd round pick. He then drafts Peyton Manning, trades the Eagles no.1 pick and a 2nd rounder for Darren Woodson, and then laughs at the fall of Randy Moss and trades up from the last pick in the first round with the last 2nd round pick for Randy Moss, WR, Marshall.

The Cowboys then go on to win the next 5 Super Bowls in a row from 1998-2002. With Peyton Mannings leadership work ethic and drive, Randy Moss unreal ability at WR, Jimmy Smith at the other WR spot, Charles Woodson taking a quarter of the field away, Sam Madison leading the league in interceptions, Jason Taylor leading the league in sacks with a stacked defense, Jimmy Johnson retires after the 1999 championship from coaching and helps Jerry Jones select a career assistant coach and coordinator from the Jets name Bill Belichick to replace him as Head Coach. This is payback for the trick play Parcells beat Jimmy Johnson with in the 1997 Super Bowl. With Johnson winning 2 in a row and Belichick hired as his successor, that is how they win the 5 Super Bowls in a row.

By this time Jerry Jones is senile and dying from liver disease from all the Super Bowl partying. But, he builds Cowboys stadium adding a roof that looks like a gaudy Super Bowl trophy ring. Stephen Jones has no problem with naming Bill Belichick Head Coach and GM to work with him as Belichick still goes fishing with Jimmy in the off season in FL. The Cowboys franchise in 2002 is worth $5B and by 2019 it is worth $20B.

This the the alternate universe of Jimmy Johnson completing his full 10 year contract.