If last years players were included in this years draft

1Ware1

Reaction score
There is no possible way that Qb Alex Smith is chose with the first overall pick.He would probably have fallen to an earley second or maybe even a third round pick and Aaron Rogers wouln't have had to worry about showing up in the Green room,for he would have been a 4th round pick.Marion Barber would be considered a top 20 pick seeing that he was better than Maroney at Minnesota and they have Maroney a late first early second pick.
I beleive that D'Brick would have remained a top 10 pick.Super Mario probably wouln't have been a top 10 pick with Ware and Merriman there.With the Cb position being deep as it is,Adam Pacman Jones would have fell to late first,early second.
I really beleive that Leinart hurt himself in the draft ,hanging out and partying instead of getting drafted last year.He would have been number 1 overall last year with SanFran takeing him with the first pick.

whcarm

Reaction score
No way Rogers would have been a 4th round pick simply because Leinart, Young and Cutler were available. If Rogers and Smith were in this draft then it would just mean that 5 QBs would have been taken in the first round.

Barber's stock might have gone up, but many people last year were projecting him as a second or third round guy. He was just one of those guys that happened to drop into the second day.

Williams would not have been impacted by Ware and Merriman. Those guys were projected to be 3-4 linebackers, which is what they became. There are still plenty of teams looking for the next Peppers.

I agree, if Leinart had come out last year he would have been the number 1 pick easily. However, he would have had to play for the 49ers. Now he might actually get to play with a respectable organization.

jimmy40

Reaction score
1Ware1 said:
There is no possible way that Qb Alex Smith is chose with the first overall pick.He would probably have fallen to an earley second or maybe even a third round pick and Aaron Rogers wouln't have had to worry about showing up in the Green room,for he would have been a 4th round pick.Marion Barber would be considered a top 20 pick seeing that he was better than Maroney at Minnesota and they have Maroney a late first early second pick.
I beleive that D'Brick would have remained a top 10 pick.Super Mario probably wouln't have been a top 10 pick with Ware and Merriman there.With the Cb position being deep as it is,Adam Pacman Jones would have fell to late first,early second.
I really beleive that Leinart hurt himself in the draft ,hanging out and partying instead of getting drafted last year.He would have been number 1 overall last year with SanFran takeing him with the first pick.
The draft can't get here soon enough.

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
Maroney is a much more fluid runner and has a lot of wiggle to him. He also shows a top gear when he gets into space. IMO Maroney will be the best all around RB to come out of this draft with the exception of Bush.

Barber was undoubtedly a pleasant suprise last year and has the potential to be a starter one day. However, I believe that Maroney is the all around better back.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
NYCowboy22 said:
Barber is not better than Maroney.

I agree. Barber came out last year so he didn't have to compete with Maroney.

daniukid

Reaction score
No way Aaron Rodgers slides to 4th round...They were saying that he was close to being the #1 overall. Of course, that didn't play out; however, he was close. So 4th round would have been unheard of. He would still be 1st or early 2nd.

jem88

Reaction score
These kinds of posts are silly because we have the benefit of seeing how last year's rookies turned out. Who knows, maybe this time next year we'll all be scoffing at the thought of Cutler even being considered in the top 10; maybe we'll all be wondering how it was possible for a freak player like Lawson not to have been a top 10 pick; Whose to say Michael Huff won't be another Pac-Man Jones? It's pointless even speculating and even more pointless imagining where guys like Smith and Rogers would've gone in this year's draft.

The point with Leinart is valid as he turned down a chance to be the consensus #1 pick last year and won't be picked that highly this year.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
1Ware1 said:
I think you are entirely correct, sir.

Rodrique Wright would have been a top 10.
And Kiwanuka woulda been top 15.
Vince Young woulda been a second rounder.

And Petitti woulda been a sixth.

oh..

wait..

my bad.:)

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
1Ware1 said:
both alex smith and aaron rogers were bogus, neither of them are worth a 1st or a 2nd, i heard all the hype that san francisco put on these guys, its sad to see them waste the #1 pick on crap like that. they got all this hype because after leinhart dropped out they became the best QBs in the draft and the 49ers were set to draft a QB. its just like this year with Sinorice Moss, as the best WR in the draft along with Chad Jackson he is going to go earlier than what he is worth.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Why do people insist on thinking that QBs have to come in and tear it up. Most guys sit for a while -- why? because they would look like crap if they played too early. Look at Carson Palmer -- didn't play at all in year 1. Mediocre year 2. Freaking outstanding year 3.

It takes a while for these guys

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Why do people insist on thinking that QBs have to come in and tear it up. Most guys sit for a while -- why? because they would look like crap if they played too early. Look at Carson Palmer -- didn't play at all in year 1. Mediocre year 2. Freaking outstanding year 3.

It takes a while for these guys

its a little early to tell, but still before leinhart dropped out of the draft they werent even considered 1st round picks.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
kobe2jail said:
I agree. Barber came out last year so he didn't have to compete with Maroney.

Minn had a two back system with both Maroney and Braber that really worked great. Both shared time and were effective at Minn....I think Barber came out because he was ready...not because he was shying away from competition.

Maroney is the better back, imo.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I am so glad the Niners drafted Alex Smith number 1 overall las year. He would be the between the 4th-6th QB drafted this year. What a difference a year makes. Aaron Rodgers would be lucky to be picked in the middle of or late 2nd round, imo.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
NYCowboy22 said:
Maroney is a much more fluid runner and has a lot of wiggle to him. He also shows a top gear when he gets into space. IMO Maroney will be the best all around RB to come out of this draft with the exception of Bush.

Barber was undoubtedly a pleasant suprise last year and has the potential to be a starter one day. However, I believe that Maroney is the all around better back.

Interesting analysis. Flipping thru channels yesterday, a replay of Minnesota/Purdue. While the announcers were thrilled with Maroney, they labled him as a 'one move and go' type of back.

Maroney also spent his collegiate career sitting out as they would bring in a better pass receiving RB in his place on 3rd downs. Scouting reports also label him as not much of a threat out of the backfield.

joseephuss

Reaction score
1Ware1 said:

How does Marion Barber go up in the draft when you add more talent to it? He went in the 4th round for a reason. Add Reggie Bush and Deangelo Williams and that just pushes Barber down the list of running backs. No way he goes in the 1st round. Even knowing how he performed last year for Dallas, he still doesn't become a 1st round pick. If other teams thought that highly of him, then I suggest Dallas trade him now. I like Barber and think he is good for Dallas.