If Linehan is fired?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I thought Linehan shoulda been gone after the Atlanta game last year...2017 actually....

Certainly after the 2017 season. Linehan had a chance to make an offense for our supposed franchise QB. He failed. We should have brought someone in new for this year.

Whoever was responsible for keeping Linehan around this year should get the sack too. I suspect it was Garrett. If you want to give your guy another chance, that's fine, but if he fails, it's on you too.

cowboyec

Reaction score
As stated in the Kubiak thread he’s now a Viking.

Zimmer doesn’t wait for a week or so. Plus JG isn’t going to feel threatened by him. Richard is as far as he will go.
didnt hear that about Kubiak.
good move by them.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd want to interview Zac Taylor or his brother. Zac is the current QB coach of the Rams and his brother is with the eagles. I think Zac has a bit more experience, having been with Miami and Bengals.

Coy

Reaction score
Doesn’t prove he’s a puppet. Proves this front office has common sense.

That’s beside the point, he has to be fired.
But Garrett just said today that he wants Linehan to stay and that he is very good for Dak..
So if he gets fired, what does it say about Garretts opinion on the matter = Puppet.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I'd want to interview Zac Taylor or his brother. Zac is the current QB coach of the Rams and his brother is with the eagles. I think Zac has a bit more experience, having been with Miami and Bengals.
Zac Taylor is going to be the Bengals next HC

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Just for the record, there's no guarantee that Garrett will still be the head coach.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lal was reported to be a candidate to go with Richard. We didn’t hear in what capacity, though.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Interesting name would be Wes Phillips just based on the resume. He spent a lot of years here and knows Garrett well. More importantly, he coached with McVay for three years in Washington so he might have learned some stuff. Might be someone who is familiar enough with the Garrett offense but can still introduce modern concepts. Just be prepared to lose him in 1-2 years if the team has even a decent amount of success. He is young, has McVay ties, and has the Phillips bloodline...that will make him a popular HC candidate

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We just need somebody to update the playbook...…………..this 1940 offense is not getting it done.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I don’t know who’s available,but someone more in line with using a QB like Dak. The offense is built more for that pocket type,as evidenced by his lack of getting Dak using his feet the whole time he’s been here,and think someone else more fit to Dak’s style would be more appropriate. He needs to move around as that’s his natural tendency and strength,and when he plays loose. Romo was like that too...they are at their best moving around to create big plays,and it’s a forced discipline in the traditional role. I mean just look at the sack and fumble numbers alone. Bad things happen standing in that pocket,and want him in a more favorable situation that highlights his strengths instead of his weaknesses,so please do find me a new OC whomever that is.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If Linehan is fired it just confirms what a puppet Garrett is after what he said today.
Naw, the entire new facility would have a mandatory ashcloth and ash requirement for a week. A quick wailing wall would then be erected...:)

But in the streets of Irving, Mardi Gras would immediately break out...

Pants

Reaction score
yeah but Riley would only come here as head coach.
I’d be ok with that but you never know if he has to be HC. Sure he has a nice gig and I think they just extended him. It depends on if he wants “NFL” on his resume or not

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
I just don’t know what’s wrong with Jerry, it’s been 23 years since his team has made it to the NFC Championship, is he really ok with that?

cowboyec

Reaction score
Dan Campbell,Saints asst HC/TEs coach.

wouldnt surprise if they promoted from within either...IF a change is made.