If Marvin Wilson opted out for 2020 he would be a

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I like Barmore a lot and I know they (Wilson) can probably play both positions, while McNeil is more of just a 1-Tech

If you pick Barmore in the first or Wilson in the 3rd-4th rd what would your position plan with them be in 2021?
I wouldn’t take both unless Wilson slid to late 4th. I would look to add a MLB who could take over next season and play some running downs this season. Barmore would instantly be my 3T and wouldn’t come off the field other than for a breather. Gallimore would start at 1T with some rotation. I would like to see us add a huge NT later in the draft maybe Slayton from Florida.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Where do you play Barmore & Wilson? Can they play the 1T like A. McNeil?

I don't think so. Looks like their best fit is 3T although they can probably play both positions
I think Wilson is a better fit at 1T than 3T in the NFL. Barmore is best suited to play the 3T, but he is a multi gap player. You can line him up anywhere on the interior.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jeff Cavanaugh still has Wilson at 2 after Barmore both second round grades.
My take on Wilson is that if you are a team looking at him, you really have to dig for information on why 2020 played out the way that it did. Was it just the torn meniscus, or was it other factors as well. Is he going to be an injury risk?

If he goes back to his 2019 form, he is a steal in the 2nd.

Brooksey

Reaction score
My take on Wilson is that if you are a team looking at him, you really have to dig for information on why 2020 played out the way that it did. Was it just the torn meniscus, or was it other factors as well. Is he going to be an injury risk?

He has very good tape 18-19 he's was mauling people, man handling offensive lineman...something happened

morasp

Reaction score

I don't remember the details but Jeff thought he was playing out of position as well.

Clarke82

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more but I am also a gambler. Let me ask you this because it's obviously not true about the first 3 rounds because if Slater was there in the 2nd round you would draft him correct? As far as Wilson goes he just looks like he has next to nothing as far as athleticism. Not sure how/why we would be taking him at 44.

Wilson did play on a bum knee in 2020 and if you look at his 2018 & 2019 tape he's pretty athletic.

You're right if Slater, Sewell, or Parsons were available at 44 then yes they should be taken.

My first 3 rounds argument is not taking a projected 1st rounder in the 1st, 2nd rounder in the 2nd or 3 round prospect in the 3rd round if they opted out.

Johnny23

Reaction score
The disrespect marvin Wilson gets is unreal. Wilson tried playing through injury before shutting it down. Got into with Mike Norvell because of his poor handling of the Pandemic and everything going on and FSU's administration. He's never had any issues whatsoever until 2020 and the covid and campus protests.

Him being loyal to FSU coming back to try to get them.to a bowl game backfired. He wanted to graduate and return the noles to form.

Now he's getting killed for doing what people complain these prospects don't do.