If our draft picks look like this...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
If they are both below #15-16 or so, would we trade up to get a truly great pick? Or maybe even trade our second and the first to move up about 5 spots or so?

VACowboy

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
If they are both below #15-16 or so, would we trade up to get a truly great pick? Or maybe even trade our second and the first to move up about 5 spots or so?

Neither, no way. We have too many holes to be trading up and we'll be picking late enough anyway that we don't need to be trading down.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

there is another thread about this topic, but no I wouldnt trade both firsts to mvoe up for anyone...its too risky, too many examples of this biting one in the arse

good players can be found where we'll be picking if we do our home work...Ed Reed, Derrick Brooks and Ray Lewis are just 3 examples of dominant probowl players obtained with picks in the 20's...Emmitt and Kevin Smith were both had between 15-20, and they were pretty good players, especially #22

David

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Not unless a sensational talent is dropping. This team is not one player away from being a contender. I would feel much better getting two players rather than putting our eggs in a basket with one guy.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
if we filled all of or at least most of our holes through free agency and there was a special player there waiting for us then i probably wouldn't mind us trading up. i believe top 10 players are more likely to become great players than others. i think we have to many holes right now and i don't think we'll fill them all through free agency so my point is kinda moot i guess.