If released in theory. would Dak start elsewhere?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
If he would have been available at the start of free agency, perhaps... but who displaces their current starter at this point? I think Bellichick is hell bent on proving a point with their guy.

Tussinman

Reaction score
If Dak didn't start it wouldn't be because of ability.

It would be team didn't want or have the cap to sign him, they already have a good franchise QB, they just draft a high pick QB in the last couple of years, or they plan on drafting a QB next season

Darkhound

Reaction score
If he would have been available at the start of free agency, perhaps... but who displaces their current starter at this point? I think Bellichick is hell bent on proving a point with their guy.

This is exactly my point

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
In other news @Reality butler just ask. "May I find you some https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSeYIO-2oDq8o78DHIBwnKGNgkDfPFjZ8qeEpAB_sAwYkOiT329&usqp=CAU sir"?

Darkhound

Reaction score
So, there are 32 QB's in the NFL better than Dak?

PAPPY says all the time that Dak is no better than a back up, and at times has said he isn't even worthy of being a Q in the NFL at all. I've asked several times who te 32 better QBs are. I'll ask you the same.

AT this point... i dont think if he were release... he would start on ANY TEAM. I think all teams are set with that they have at QB

Darkhound

Reaction score
Then you should of worded your opening post better.

The opening post read "Dak is backup in the NFL", not "Dak this late in free agency would probably be a backup given cap and roster decisions that have been made on most teams"

Huge difference

Well, seeing it that way.. you are right.
But still my point stands. I dont think Dak will be a starter in the near mid future. He will be a good backup.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Then you should of worded your opening post better.

The opening post read "Dak is backup in the NFL", not "Dak this late in free agency would probably be a backup given cap and roster decisions that have been made on most teams"

Huge difference
Your point is fair but... kinda the same thing? If Aaron Rodgers got released today, somebody would change things up, no?
I guess the concept is if that if the QB musical chairs stopped on Dalton, Winston and Newton so they are now backups, then is Dak also a backup by default? With the recognition that probably all 4 would not be ranked less than 32nd in the league.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I realize we all go back and forth on Dak, but I do think some context is warranted here.

Dak was listed as among the top free agents this offseason, including the No. 1 potential free agent on either ESPN or NFL.com.

Would there be a market if we released him tomorrow? Of course there would.

Flamma

Reaction score
In an absolutely impossible scenario, but I CAN DREAM can I? If Dak gets released will be be the absolute starter in any other team?

What are your thoughts?
Sadly, I think that Dak is a very good BACKUP.

Not this year. But next year where there will probably be a need and openings, most likely yes.

InTheZone

Reaction score
are we counting another starter being hurt or straight up winning the job?

Unless it's the jags, cardinals, patriots, or browns I don't see him starting. So my answer is yes, he'll start elsewhere, but it'll be a short lived role.