If released in theory. would Dak start elsewhere?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And they are not worth 3 first rounders either!
As virtually always, the truth is not on the extremes. Dak is not worth 3 first rounders, nor is he only worthy of being a backup in the NFL. He's a strong NFL, starter, but not an elite one.

aikemirv

Reaction score
As virtually always, the truth is not on the extremes. Dak is not worth 3 first rounders, nor is he only worthy of being a backup in the NFL. He's a strong NFL, starter, but not an elite one.
Exactly. The 3 first rounders was beyond stupid and the suggestion that he would not start for other teams is beyond stupid!

NotForLong

Reaction score
Sure he would. How many teams do you think would be thinking "is he better than what we've got"? It would depend on the cap and what they have committed to the present #1.

Now, would they be willing to pay him 35M per and give up 2 1sts to get him, that is doubtful but if he's on the market, some team would sign him up as to compete for the job, at worst case.

Ya know, if posters would stop dogging him for not being elite like Mahomes, Rodgers or Brees and appreciate him as a good QB and leader that can move the offense and forget the damned contract.

If they didn't disclose what players make and get posters involved as capologists, the large majority of the Dakaters would back off. Forget the money and just focus on the job the player does. He wasn't the reason this was a .500 team last season.

We got Dalton, a good QB that can move the offense. . . At 3 million so yes, as fans we should focus on the implications of the Money. Money is the only Factor now.

Before Dalton, it was about having a capable QB. Now the Cowboys have 2 QB's that are on the same level

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
We got Dalton, a good QB that can move the offense. . . At 3 million so yes, as fans we should focus on the implications of the Money. Money is the only Factor now.

Before Dalton, it was about having a capable QB. Now the Cowboys have 2 QB's that are on the same level

But they aren't on the same level?

One is significantly better while also be significantly younger and on an upward trend.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You’re paying back with inflated dollars. Pay Prescott the money means nothing down the road. You’re getting a solid starter who is capable of taking the team to a championship

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heck I even think Dalton is better than him
giphy.gif

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Have you ever watched Dalton play. You wouldn’t be saying that

aikemirv

Reaction score
However, I would have love to have seen the non-exclusive tag and see if another team would actually offer 2 1sts for him and pay him big dollars. I think that is a huge stretch!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
However, I would have love to have seen the non-exclusive tag and see if another team would actually offer 2 1sts for him and pay him big dollars. I think that is a huge stretch!
I agree. Not many teams would do that for any QB. Given their age, I don't think anyone would do that for Brees or Brady. They would for Mahomes or Wilson, and probably Rodgers. I think those are the only 3.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I feel like we are winding down in the “how to structure a Dak “ question thread. I’m waiting for “You’re on an deserted island and can only have Dak throwing you coconuts...would he be able to hit you in the hands? Would you trust him?”
:lmao:
But to answer your question, No. The pass would be high and behind me. But he would be the greatest QB on that island:muttley:

aikemirv

Reaction score
This cuts both ways. "Fans" hated him for winning without throwing for 300 yards a game and said wins were a team stat and not a QB stat, and then hated him when the team went 8-8 while he threw for 300 yards a game.
Honestly I don't remember too many fans griping about Prescott after the 2016 season. Were they saying he was a bus driver - yes, but not hating. That came in 2017 and 2018.