If Romo has a good game vs the Giants

CPonder14

Reaction score
and we win, and go on to make the playoffs does this Steeler game mean anything?

IMO no, I'm just being an optimist. We can all dwell on the past but I'm looking forward to giving the Giants a little payback.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Did it matter last year when the giants beat tampa and got the playoff monkey off mannings back that he played like crap against minnesota and washington just a few weeks back.

nope.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Time will tell. Psychologically, I think it could've meant a lot.

Practically speaking, it could be the difference in a #5 or #6 seed, or if we lose the last game against Philly, perhaps not making it at all.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Lets hope this game VS. the Giants isn't considered a "BIG GAME" or a "MUST WIN."

Because if it is...look for Romo to choke it away like he always does.

CPonder14

Reaction score
ROMOSAPIEN9;2474919 said:
Lets hope this game VS. the Giants isn't considered a "BIG GAME" or a "MUST WIN."

damn even a Romosapien is mad at romo

cowboys2233

Reaction score

It is both. The Ravens game is NOT a must win (more than likely), but I think you can definitely look at this Giants game as a must win.

Look at the bright side, we've been able to enjoy playoff games for a couple of weeks in a row now, how many other teams can say that? These games all mean A LOT and as a result, they are that much more enjoyable to me.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2474933 said:
It is both. The Ravens game is NOT a must win (more than likely), but I think you can definitely look at this Giants game as a must win.

Look at the bright side, we've been able to enjoy playoff games for a couple of weeks in a row now, how many other teams can say that? These games all mean A LOT and as a result, they are that much more enjoyable to me.

Don't tell Romo these are all basically playoff games.....we'll lose out.

BHendri5

Reaction score
the steeler game meant/mean something regardless. It showed doubters that we are and can be a physical team as well as a finese team.

This team can play some ball when they have the right mindset, the coaching staff has to set that during the week of practice.

this team is right there, they just have not broken thru yet, but I am sure before this season is over post season included, they will take that next step and break thru.

a penalty here/there, broken route, missed pass, bad pass, bad play, injury something always tend to stop them.

No more, that game yesterday I saw a lot, but our super QB had a dreadful day, he will have those days, but when we break thru those kind of days will not stop us from winning like they did yesterday.

Romo needs to mature, I still see a kid enjoying his fantasy, and his is real.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I forget who the opponent was, but Eli stunk it up against some team last year and then the Giants turned it up and never looked back. I think he threw 4 interceptions in that game and everybody was saying he couldn't lead the Giants where they wanted to go and look what happened. I'm not saying the Cowboys are the Giants, but there is still hope for Romo. I hope he takes all of his frustrations out on the Giants Sunday night. They can be had.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
ROMOSAPIEN9;2474944 said:
Don't tell Romo these are all basically playoff games.....we'll lose out.

I wish it wasn't true but it is. I haven't seen the kid win a meaningful game other than that Indy game his first season. Indy was 9-0 that year and we were attempting a playoff push. The whole team showed up that game and it was important. Other than that, no meaningful games against meaningful opponents. Last years GB game wasn't that clutch. I can't believe I'm saying this but give me Romo for the first 12 games of the season and stick Jason Garrett or Wade Wilson in there for the last 4. He's putrid in December.

newlander

Reaction score
I think that was the Viking game that Eli sucked so bad....at home where they were blown out.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
As to the original question, I answer "yes" it means something. There is a mounting body of evidence to suggest that Romo can get very careless and risk taking with the ball in critical circumstances. I love Romo and think he is a talented and exciting player, but.....

I'm not sure calling timing plays and throwing the ball before the receiver even breaks is the right playcalling/scheme or whatever, especially in the conditions of that game. I'm not sure that Owens gave up on the one route that was picked and that Witten ran the wrong route on the pick 6. I just see too much turnover from Romo. The thing is, that at least with Romo he gives you a shot at coming back, whereas with other QB turnovers we can't recover to the point of having a chance like in Giants Game and Rams game.

I don't understand why Owens and Roy Williams can't be used differently with their size and strength? We seem to try for 20-25 yard passes a bit too often and call an awful lot of timing plays. I need to rewatch the game.

Romo, as someone else posted yesterday, will be frustrating as he is Favre like. He will make huge plays and will force a bunch of plays. He can still get better as he is not super starting QB experienced, but it will take a huge change in personality and focussed intent to do that at this stage I'd think. He's not 24 years old or anything and doesn't sound like he wants to change his style.

The problem is, yes he'll look great for 2-3 games, but then can lose one on his own (or almost on his own) which makes it tough to string along a December winning streak or a playoff push! 4 turnovers from QB is a lot to ask any team to overcome (I'd say 1.5 weren't his fault, but another 1.5 could have been picked by forced throws in that game easy).

Romo is so close to being the perfect QB, it's his wanting to be the perfect passer that is starting to scare me though. Throw it away, or throw it shorter, that's OK!
LarryCanadian

Batman

Reaction score
If Romo has a good game against the NY Giants it will be because the Giants are missing all 11 of their starters on defense.

Coy

Reaction score

You should change your avatar dude, having a "choker" on it doesen`t make sense.

Don Corleone

Reaction score

Well, they said the same thing about Eli, and years ago, his brother Peyton, at one point many years ago, people even questioned Favre in big games. All those guys have rings. I'm not ready to write Romo off just yet. He always bounces back, and I think he'll have a great game against the Giants.

CPonder14;2474928 said:
damn even a Romosapien is mad at romo

:lmao2: I was thinking the same thing.

Batman

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2475063 said:
Well, they said the same thing about Eli, and years ago, his brother Peyton, at one point many years ago, people even questioned Favre in big games. All those guys have rings. I'm not ready to write Romo off just yet. He always bounces back, and I think he'll have a great game against the Giants.

:lmao2: I was thinking the same thing.

The Mannings and Favre were all drafted. I am pretty sure Favre was a 2nd round pick. But there is a reason why they were drafted on the 1st day and Romo was never drafted at all, and we are seeing why.

Peyton Manning lead the Colts to several playoff games, won several, but just ran into a brick wall known as the Patriots. If it were not for the Patriots, I think Manning would have another ring or two right now. Romo is not even remotely close to a Peyton Manning.

Coy

Reaction score
Batman;2475071 said:
The Mannings and Favre were all drafted. I am pretty sure Favre was a 2nd round pick. But there is a reason why they were drafted on the 1st day and Romo was never drafted at all, and we are seeing why.

Peyton Manning lead the Colts to several playoff games, won several, but just ran into a brick wall known as the Patriots. If it were not for the Patriots, I think Manning would have another ring or two right now. Romo is not even remotely close to a Peyton Manning.

Tom Brady, 6th rounder, drafted on the second day, Warner 2 MVP`s, one super bowl not drafted, just saying.

Don`t give up on Romo man.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Batman;2475071 said:

Draft status didn't lose the game yesterday. This team clammed up in the last 10 minutes or so, and were playing to hold a 10 point lead. To win in this league against the better teams, you have to go for the jugular.

I've seen even the 1st/2nd round QBs throw INTs in pressure situations at the end of games, so I can't say that draft status cost us the game yesterday. The team needs to play with killer instinct for 60 minutes, and not 50.

Batman

Reaction score
Coy;2475086 said:
Tom Brady, 6th rounder, drafted on the second day, just saying.

Don`t give up on Romo man.

Brady was a once in a lifetime find. Brady is maybe one of the smartest QBs to ever play the game. Even though the Pats lost to the Giants last year, it just seemed that whenever Brady got just a little time, he got his timing back real fast. You just can not give Brady any play, he is too fast to read a defense, he almost never makes mistakes, very fast release and while Romo has a good arm, Brady has a much stronger throwing arm and can make throws Romo just can not make.

I really think the only way we can ever see a Super Bowl with Romo is if we have a dominating running attack where our main approach is running the ball and Romo is nothing more than a game manager. He just can't carry the Cowboys to a win in a big game like a Brady, the Mannings or several other QBs.

Coy

Reaction score
Batman;2475117 said:
Brady was a once in a lifetime find. Brady is maybe one of the smartest QBs to ever play the game. Even though the Pats lost to the Giants last year, it just seemed that whenever Brady got just a little time, he got his timing back real fast. You just can not give Brady any play, he is too fast to read a defense, he almost never makes mistakes, very fast release and while Romo has a good arm, Brady has a much stronger throwing arm and can make throws Romo just can not make.

I really think the only way we can ever see a Super Bowl with Romo is if we have a dominating running attack where our main approach is running the ball and Romo is nothing more than a game manager. He just can carry the Cowboys to a win in a big game like a Brady, the Mannings or several other QBs.

I`m obviously not comparing Romo with Brady but let`s give Romo a chance before we label him a "Choker" don`t you think? Think how long it took Favre and Peyton Manning to do it. I am as pi**** as anyone with Romo but hell I still beleive.