If Romo has a good game vs the Giants

Batman

Reaction score
Coy;2475129 said:
I`m obviously not comparing Romo with Brady but let`s give Romo a chance before we label him a "Choker" don`t you think? Think how long it took Favre and Peyton Manning to do it. I am as pi**** as anyone with Romo but hell I still beleive.

Romo has had his chances. He has choked in every big game. Bringing up the Peyton as a reason to keep believing in Romo is way off. The reason Peyton was getting the choker label was because he could not get his team from the AFC Championship to the Super Bowl, he always struggled against a great Patriots team. That is where he earned the choker label. Romo has yet to win a big game that means anything, let alone a playoff game.

Can we win with Romo, probably. But it is going to take going to a run dominated offense, where we have a dominating back that is going to get 1,500+ yards rushing and 12+ TD runs, and only have Romo throw when it is absolutely necessary when it comes to any meaningful game.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Batman;2475071 said:
The Mannings and Favre were all drafted. I am pretty sure Favre was a 2nd round pick. But there is a reason why they were drafted on the 1st day and Romo was never drafted at all, and we are seeing why.

Peyton Manning lead the Colts to several playoff games, won several, but just ran into a brick wall known as the Patriots. If it were not for the Patriots, I think Manning would have another ring or two right now. Romo is not even remotely close to a Peyton Manning.

I guess you missed the jets beating manning 34-0 in the playoffs.

You have made some of the worst analogies in trying to prove this romo isnt good schtick.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Batman;2475117 said:
Brady was a once in a lifetime find. Brady is maybe one of the smartest QBs to ever play the game........

.......I really think the only way we can ever see a Super Bowl with Romo is if we have a dominating running attack where our main approach is running the ball and Romo is nothing more than a game manager. He just can't carry the Cowboys to a win in a big game like a Brady, the Mannings or several other QBs.

If you consider Brady a once in lifetime then you give Romo too little credit because his is a far rarer story. The NFL is littered with late round picks who went on to have a HOF career. Johnny Unitis was a 9th round pick by Pittsburgh who later cut him after TC; Rodger Staubach was a 10th rounder who didn't start until his third year which would have made him around 30, just to name a couple.

When you think of Romo, think of Kurt Warner, who went undrafted, got cut and then languished in the Arena League and NFL Europe before he became a star. Can you name any other UFA who has put up Romo's numbers and wins? Please. I'll take Romo any day of the week and I'm glad he's our QB. He may not be perfect and we can point out his warts and flaws all day, but he's a perennial Pro-Bowler who's re-writing the record books for the Cowboys. Romo has played some clutch football for us and yes, he's made his share of mistakes. I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth because I've seen life without Tony and it's not pretty

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Romo will be fine. He still needs to protect the damn ball better.

I'm more worried about all the injuries esp to Hamlin and Davis. The Giants are not as talented as us. We only need to stop beating ourselves.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Batman;2475196 said:
Romo has had his chances. He has choked in every big game. Bringing up the Peyton as a reason to keep believing in Romo is way off. The reason Peyton was getting the choker label was because he could not get his team from the AFC Championship to the Super Bowl, he always struggled against a great Patriots team. That is where he earned the choker label. Romo has yet to win a big game that means anything, let alone a playoff game.

Can we win with Romo, probably. But it is going to take going to a run dominated offense, where we have a dominating back that is going to get 1,500+ yards rushing and 12+ TD runs, and only have Romo throw when it is absolutely necessary when it comes to any meaningful game.

You make it sound like Romo has been playing for 8 years or something. He has played 2 1/2 seasons. He hasn't been in that many "big games." He stunk up the place yesterday, no doubt about it. But why is it that when we win a so-called big game - at NY last year, at Philly last year, Green Bay last year and the first win at Lambeau this year, Indy 2 years ago, etc. - all of a sudden, it wasn't such a big game because we won it? On the other hand if we lose, Romo can't win a big game. As far as the two playoff games, we didn't lose either one of them because of Romo solely. I can think of many other factors that led to those losses.

IMO, Romo lost the game for us yesterday. A lot happened out there, but he was AWFUL. It happens. I'm not giving up on him. If he lights up the Giants next week, I won't be surprised at all.