If Romo in his prime

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Honestly it’s almost disrespectful that people continue to say Dak is better than Romo. Romo could read coverages 100 times better than Dak

Dak just has had the athletic advantage
Yeah, just like Romo has been wrong several times about coverages this year as an analyst.

The point is they all get it wrong at times.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Was our QB tonight, is the outcome different?

The Talent isn't the problem in Dallas. You can win with this talent. But if players tend to play without the thirst to win, and instead play uninspired, and it is the same every time you make it to the playoffs, then something is wrong with the Culture of the Team. Who should get their team ready and inspire them, give them the thirst and hunger to win? Can a coach do so if they don't have complete control of the team?

bigE79

Reaction score
Tony is my all time favorite cowboy

I hear you but even Tony would acknowledge that Dak has more the athletic build
Having the build is one thing,but Tony was an all around athlete..don't forget he starred in basketball also.

dckid

Reaction score
Probably not but both have low ceilings. Talking about two average QBs.
I agree. Romo and Dak are functionally equivalent. I think Romo peaked in 2007 skill and play making wise. That Giants loss and Jessica Simpson fiasco scarred him.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
There were plays to be made. Kyler Murray made them. Not sure what’s up with our guy but I hope he figures it out soon.

bigE79

Reaction score
Love Romo, but he would have thrown at least 1 pick in this game, especially with a non existent running game.
well dak did have a costly fumble...so that evens it out

Hardline

Reaction score
Romo was a great QB that got snake bit in crucial situations. At least if Romo was QB we all could at least hope we win the game. With Dak its very hard to have hope he pulls out a victory.

morat1959

Reaction score
Romo in his prime couldn't make it past the 1st round in real life. Enough with these living in fantasy land posts...
And what has Dak done? Although better than Dak, Romo wasn’t a SB caliber QB. It’s JJ’s world. We’ll never have one till he’s out of the picture.

aaev84

Reaction score
I personally was not a fan of Dak for a couple of years post Romo... But he can be really fantastic and as good as any QB out there. He showed a ton with the Pats win and many other games and I do think every QB has their stretches where things are rough.

He's super solid/even great and teams have won Super Bowls with a good deal less at QB than Dak.

Every team loses... But I still think this Dallas team has as great a chance as any other to make it all the way.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Mr chuck and duck? I doubt the outcome would be different..

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I was a Romo supporter, but you saw what happened when his Oline and run game sucked even when he had Dez and Witten in their prime. We went 8-8 three 3 straight seasons losing the last win or go home games.

Romo would have tried to play hero ball and maybe got few more big plays but probably would have also thrown few picks.

I recall that game against Washington with the division on the line and the Cowboys having a chance to drive down and win that game. And Romo threw the INT which sealed a loss for the Cowboys. But I guess some like to believe that after 10 seasons and with the 2016 or 2021 roster, Romo would have been guaranteed to show up in the game time situations they say that Dak can't show up in.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Honestly it’s almost disrespectful that people continue to say Dak is better than Romo. Romo could read coverages 100 times better than Dak

Dak just has had the athletic advantage
Actually, Romo has the "athletic advantage" over Dak.; Romo is an elite golfer and was a very good basketball player, in fact he played with Caron Butler on the All-Racine County (Wisconsin) team. He averaged 24 pts./8 rebs./4 ast., per game. But even though Romo is a better athlete, Dak is the better ALL AROUND QB, which is why Romo never got his starting job back once he was healthy.