If Roy Willy could play this week. Good or Bad?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
joseephuss;2324240 said:
It seems as if it has been a while, but it has only been 4 weeks. The initial assessment was that he would miss 4 games and Arizona will be the 4th game. He got hurt on MNF against the Eagles. Green Bay was 1, Washington was 2 and Cincy was 3.

Even worse, bones don't heal in 4 weeks. Although he does have God's DNA. :laugh2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I like KDs run coverage. It's his pass coverage and recognition that bothers me. Watkins has disappointed me.

I so hope we go after someone like T Polamalu in the draft or FA. M Hamlin (Clemson) looks like a very good SS to me maybe Cook. Rolle is likely out of reach. Ooops. Sorry. Too soon for that but I'd love to have better safeties.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Williams playing is a plus. I'm a huge critic of his. But one thing is indisputable. We are better with him on the field - he's far better than anyone we have to play his spot

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2324232 said:
I heard Larry Brown, Bill Jones and Eatman earlier on Ticket 760 Talking Cowboys and they said both Roy and Watkins will be out.

I just heard them out and the new report on on DC.com and I'd trust their report over this guy in the newspaper. It looks like Roy will be out and at best will be back next week. At best. I changed the headline so that people won't be misinformed as I was, I apologize again folks if I got some hopes up, doesn't sound like many though, lol. Below is the new report I just read from DC.com and a list of our teams injury status:

Watkins Out; Boldin Will Sit For Cards
Posted by rphillips at 10/10/2008 2:51 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]After practicing on a limited basis throughout the week, Cowboys safety Pat Watkins (neck) did not participate in Friday's final full practice and will not play Sunday against Arizona, as expected. With Roy Williams (forearm) out at least another game, Keith Davis likely will start again at strong safety and Courtney Brown will play in nickel and dime situations.[/FONT]
For the Cardinals, wide receiver Anquan Boldin (nasal fracture) will not play. That's at least some good news for a Cowboys secondary that will be without Terence Newman this week and possibly longer.
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Here's the Cowboys' complete injury report:
[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Deon Anderson (knee) - probable[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Stephen Bowen (hamstring) - probable[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Andre Gurode (ankle) - probable[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Tank Johnson (ankle) - p[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]robable[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Kyle Kosier (foot) - out[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Terence Newman (abdomen) - out[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Pat Watkins (neck) - o[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]ut[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Jason Witten (shoulder) - probable​
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Roy Williams (forearm) - out[/FONT]

-Rob Phillips
[/FONT]

AKATheRake

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2324249 said:
Williams playing is a plus. I'm a huge critic of his. But one thing is indisputable. We are better with him on the field - he's far better than anyone we have to play his spot

That's the exact sentiment I share.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
jobberone;2324248 said:
I like KDs run coverage. It's his pass coverage and recognition that bothers me. Watkins has disappointed me.

I so hope we go after someone like T Polamalu in the draft or FA.

See, that's what I'm talking about. In the short time Davis has been out there, he is noticeable in run support. I don't remember a darn thing when Roy was in there earlier in the season, not a darn thing.

It's all about desire and a love of hitting. KD has it, Roy lost it a long time ago.

joseephuss

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2324264 said:
See, that's what I'm talking about. In the short time Davis has been out there, he is noticeable in run support. I don't remember a darn thing when Roy was in there earlier in the season, not a darn thing.

It's all about desire and a love of hitting. KD has it, Roy lost it a long time ago.

It is about more than that. KD may hit, but he can't cover. There is a reason he was a back up in Miami and has never intercepted a pass in the NFL.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
joseephuss;2324283 said:
It is about more than that. KD may hit, but he can't cover. There is a reason he was a back up in Miami and has never intercepted a pass in the NFL.

roy can do neither...so there.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
joseephuss;2324283 said:

Agreed, but Roy can't cover either. I was one of Roy's biggest defenders on this subject up to a point (it wasn't his man, he was playing a zone, etc.), but my eyes don't deceive me either. He really has no instincts for the passing game.

And since neither one can cover, give me Keith Davis and his hitter mentality. The old Roy ain't around no more. :(

joseephuss

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2324292 said:
Agreed, but Roy can't cover either. I was one of Roy's biggest defenders on this subject up to a point (it wasn't his man, he was playing a zone, etc.), but my eyes don't deceive me either. He really has no instincts for the passing game.

And since neither one can cover, give me Keith Davis and his hitter mentality. The old Roy ain't around no more. :(

Roy still had 90 tackles last season and he is better in coverage than KD. Give me Roy.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
joseephuss;2324296 said:
Roy still had 90 tackles last season and he is better in coverage than KD. Give me Roy.

give me some dos equis..

cowboys2233

Reaction score
joseephuss;2324296 said:

Nah, I'll take the entertainment value of KD's hits. He just jacks people up and then laughs about it. I have rarely seen a player with such complete disregard for personal safety. :bow: I have a feeling he would take a runaway train head on.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2324292 said:

KD started 1 game. Watch his warts come out now that we're going past 1 game. They are going to attack him and Henry's side constantly. Remember, Todd Haley, well he's their O-coordinator and he know's a lot about our DB's like KD and yes Roy. I get what you are saying about passion to hit and that is extremely important but Roy still has presence when he's on those running downs and I'm not sure people in the league respect KD's presence enough to run away from him. That side of the D is going to get thrown at and runned at. Only thing Arizona should be worried about on that side is Ware, after Ware you watch where they attack. Thank God Boldin isn't playing but it doesn't mean Fitz won't swing over there. I hope I'm wrong but you will be asking for Roy back after this game. At least when he's in people try not o run to the left as much giving that side a breather from time to time.

joseephuss

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2324323 said:
Nah, I'll take the entertainment value of KD's hits. He just jacks people up and then laughs about it. I have rarely seen a player with such complete disregard for personal safety. :bow: I have a feeling he would take a runaway train head on.

I didn't see him hitting anyone while he was on defense against the Bengals. He got his hits on special teams, but not while playing safety. He had 2 tackles in the game. I know for sure one of those was on special teams. I can't remember the other. Seems like Roy can play safety and you will still get to see KD get his hits on special teams.