If Shultz walks, what is your level of confidence in Ferguson and Hendershot

cowboyed

Reaction score
Ferguson and Hendershot both should be branded as the hard liquor tight ends. They have the names for it.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
In small sample sizes, both Ferguson and Hendershot have looked like very capable NFL TE's. I wasnt high in Ferguson, but he is looking like he could become a Shultz like value in the 4th round. Talent wise, Hendershot isnt as far behind as his UDFA status implies. Without the the DV, Hendershot may have went 4th/5th.

How confident are you that either or both of these players can adequately replace Shultz in 2023
I think they could do an adequate job but I still believe Dallas will draft a TE in the first 3 rounds. IMO DS has regressed a bit this season so I hope he walks.

tm1119

Reaction score
I think people are going overboard on Ferguson and Hendershot already. Are both solid contributing players? Yes, of course. Are either going to be a good #3 receiving option in a top offense? I’m not so sure.

But I also don’t think very highly of Schultz, so if the question is can they adequately replace him…yeah sure. But give me a shot at Michael Mayer in the 1st and I’m taking him to improve the offense