If so many pundits are down on Bollinger as well, why is he here?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I mean to hear people tell it...he has been terrible as well. It is obvious Brad is terrible...but when people bring up Bollinger...people rattle of stats to point out how terrible he is. So again, why are we wasting time grooming Bollinger if he is as terrible as the stats suggest he is?

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
You put a third QB on the roster to develop them, not to start them.

Brad Johnson will not be around forever, neither will Romo. It costs nothing to put Bollinger on the roster, get a season long look at him and find out if he is worth developing.

LILLURCH

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas is just waiting for some other team to let go of a better project off someone elses pracitce sqaud. I doubt brooks makes it the whole season.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
c0wb0y_m0nkey;2385141 said:
You put a third QB on the roster to develop them, not to start them.

Brad Johnson will not be around forever, neither will Romo. It costs nothing to put Bollinger on the roster, get a season long look at him and find out if he is worth developing.
a guy that has already been in the league 6 seasons?....a guy that Simms and Aikman speak about more negatively than positivley? My point is this....Garret was the guy that sold Jerry on Brad Johnson..and I believe I read Garret is the guy who wanted Bollinger....so all I am saying is that Jerry better be carelful listening to the genious when it comes to personell decisions. What is going on in Dallas right now is disgraceful. The Pats are starting a guy who has not started a game since high school...and I am willing to bet they win 9-10 games. If Brad started 16 games for Dallas we MIGHT win 6!

MaineBoy

Reaction score
there is an easy answer to your question...Because Jerry Jones is our GM ?

links18

Reaction score
bbailey423;2385155 said:
a guy that has already been in the league 6 seasons?....a guy that Simms and Aikman speak about more negatively than positivley? My point is this....Garret was the guy that sold Jerry on Brad Johnson..and I believe I read Garret is the guy who wanted Bollinger....so all I am saying is that Jerry better be carelful listening to the genious when it comes to personell decisions. What is going on in Dallas right now is disgraceful. The Pats are starting a guy who has not started a game since high school...and I am willing to bet they win 9-10 games. If Brad started 16 games for Dallas we MIGHT win 6!

That's about right on the nose, although I think we win fewer than 6 games with BJ as the starter the entire year....

Reaction score
bbailey423;2385111 said:
I mean to hear people tell it...he has been terrible as well. It is obvious Brad is terrible...but when people bring up Bollinger...people rattle of stats to point out how terrible he is. So again, why are we wasting time grooming Bollinger if he is as terrible as the stats suggest he is?

Jerry was too cheap to pay a 3rd string quarterback that could actually be a 2nd string QB.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2385198 said:
Jerry was too cheap to pay a 3rd string quarterback that could actually be a 2nd string QB.
don't buy it...cheap is ONE thing Jerry is NOT

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
MaineBoy;2385173 said:
there is an easy answer to your question...Because Jerry Jones is our GM ?

Yeah because Jerry has done such a horrible job acquiring talent. :rolleyes:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
He may be awful, but so what?

It's hard to imagine he's worse than Johnson. The worst he can do is be completely ineffective, which is what Johnson has done thusfar.

Johnson may be the worst QB on any roster in the league right now. Maybe Bollinger would come in and throw 4 or 5 picks, but he does have a little bit of athleticism and arm strength that at least gives him a miniscule chance to win.

With Johnson's complete lack of both, we are likely going to be completely ineffective on offense Sunday and will probably lose badly.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2385269 said:
He may be awful, but so what?

It's hard to imagine he's worse than Johnson. The worst he can do is be completely ineffective, which is what Johnson has done thusfar.

Johnson may be the worst QB on any roster in the league right now. Maybe Bollinger would come in and throw 4 or 5 picks, but he does have a little bit of athleticism and arm strength that at least gives him a miniscule chance to win.

With Johnson's complete lack of both, we are likely going to be completely ineffective on offense Sunday and will probably lose badly.
get no argument out of me....but every time someone suggest we play this guy...the experts point out how disasterous that would be...which is why I posed the question in the first place. If this guy is WORST than Brad Johnson....we are simply wasting our time

links18

Reaction score
bbailey423;2385279 said:
get no argument out of me....but every time someone suggest we play this guy...the experts point out how disasterous that would be...which is why I posed the question in the first place. If this guy is WORST than Brad Johnson....we are simply wasting our time

We are wasting our time with BJ and most people knew that after the preseason, except the people who matter: our coaches and mangment....

Deep_South

Reaction score
The word was that Jerry saw what happened to the Panthers last year and how they ended up having to use a QB with no experience due to a series of injuries. He didn't want to end up like that, so they went out and got Bollinger in case Romo and Brad both went down.