If T.O. gets suspended...

juck

Reaction score
it's official that the nfl doesn't want us in there.I am worried this new commish will try to make an example.Hurd will have to step up and i think he can.

calico

Reaction score
The NFL would be stupid to suspend him for the Philly game...it would kill their ratings cow.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
TO wont be suspended and even if they did suspend him he wouldnt miss the Philly game since he could appeal, after the Philly game drop the appeal and sit out the detroit game

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1242095 said:
TO wont be suspended and even if they did suspend him he wouldnt miss the Philly game since he could appeal, after the Philly game drop the appeal and sit out the detroit game

My thought exactly..............and yeah, he's not getting suspended for this

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
if TO is suspended, it's not because of a conspiracy, but that Goodel is in his 1st year as Commish, it's hard to gauge what he's gonna do here, we've seen him take hard-line stances already this year, handing Haynesworth the longest suspension in NFL history for stomping on Gurode's head, and taking swift action in the Bengal arrest(s) situation, who knows, he may continue the hard-line stance by suspending TO for a game, put his foot down so to speak, to send a message that unexemplory conduct will be taken w/ a 0 tolerance policy, and punishments will be heavy

at the least TO will be fined a substantial chunk of change, but I wouldn't be suprised to see TO suspended, I think it's 50/50 whether he is, as opposed to it being 20/80 if Tags was commish, since he already had alot of respect around the league

DBoys

Reaction score
TO was honest and admitted it what kind of message would it be to increase the severity to a player who confessed???

I doubt they have footage that even shows it. He will get a slap on the wrist.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
getting suspended (regular season) would probably help the evaluation to renew his contract or not. lets face it, if hurd/etc. steps in at WR and performs many (shortsighted writers & folks) will be calling for TO to be cut next spring.

that said there is no reason he should or would be suspended. i mean the lone gunman from from da Bears is still in action isn't he?

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Is there any precedent of a playere being banned for spitting? If so and footage exists then I don't see any way of avoiding it.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I bet he gets a record fine even though he's not the first to do such an offense and there is no video record only the whines of a disgruntled and skid marked Atlanta cornerback.

jrumann59

Reaction score
TX_Yid;1242166 said:
Is there any precedent of a playere being banned for spitting? If so and footage exists then I don't see any way of avoiding it.

If there was footage there would be 30min diatribe on ESPN by now.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Uhh repost?

Look man spitting is just part of the game. Just don't try hitting a player in the balls. Now that pulling the hair thing is still leagal.

DMX690

Reaction score
No way in hell T.O gets suspended for spitting The commish didn't supended the oakland player for kicking someone in the groin.

Aikbach

Reaction score
DMX690;1242201 said:
No way in hell T.O gets suspended for spitting The commish didn't supended the oakland player for kicking someone in the groin.
Or Porter for his rant.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
T.O. has been a good destraction from the media hype of a Jerry and Bill rivalry, a potential QB contraversy with Drew and Tony and kept some of the other smack off players like Carp and Flo. Just to name a few.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The precedent is always a hefty fine.

If it is anything other than that I'd be shocked. Make it a big fine. It deserves to be.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDFan5;1242095 said:

Do not be surprised with a TO suspension...the NFL and the league office HATES the Cowboys...
And this would be a statement thing to suspend TO...

jrumann59

Reaction score
True but the league is driven by money and since there is no evidence except confessions it would be hard for the NFL to suspend a player without proof of the maliciousness of the misconduct. And handicap one of the biggest ratings getting teams on a Monday Night game

DBoys

Reaction score
Hostile;1242222 said:
The precedent is always a hefty fine.

If it is anything other than that I'd be shocked. Make it a big fine. It deserves to be.

Did you see it happen? Is there any video evidence? TO was honest and apologized. So nobody really knows what happened and he deserves a big fine?

:rolleyes:

DBoys

Reaction score
jazzcat22;1242268 said:
Do not be surprised with a TO suspension...the NFL and the league office HATES the Cowboys...
And this would be a statement thing to suspend TO...

You cannot isolate one player when the standard has been a fine. The other spit cases where caught on tape. Not to mention the fact that TO admitted and apologized for it.

If they make an example out of Owens they will send a message to players that it is better to lie than tell the truth.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Aikbach;1242204 said:
Or Porter for his rant.

and only 2 of the 8 Bengals that have been arrested this year. Call me crazy, but a Felony seems alot worse than allegedly spitting in someone's face or questioning someone's sexuality.