If T.O. gets suspended...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Sean Taylor didn't get suspended, and neither will TO. This is pointless.

jrumann59

Reaction score
From cnnsi, story about TO and his word for word comments:

ATLANTA (AP) -- DeAngelo Hall has always considered Terrell Owens to be a friend. They would talk on the phone and playfully taunt each other.

Not anymore. Not after Owens spit in Hall's face.

"He had a couple of nice catches," said Hall, the Atlanta Falcons' Pro Bowl cornerback. "You expect that. He's a great player. Right before the first punt, though, we kind of got in each other's face, talking back and forth, and I lost all respect for him when he spit in my face."

Owens, Dallas' star receiver, acknowledged losing his temper with Hall in the Cowboys' 38-28 victory Saturday night.

"I got frustrated and I apologize for that," Owens told the NFL Network. "It was a situation where he kept bugging me and getting in my face."

Owens beat Hall for a 7-yard touchdown late in the first quarter and a 51-yard score midway through the second Following the third play from scrimmage, however, Hall used his forearms to shove Owens on the Atlanta sideline. Neither player was involved in Jason Whitten's 19-yard catch to the Dallas 31, but Hall stayed after Owens.

Owens responded by spitting in his face.

"I lost all respect for the guy," Hall said. "That's the No. 1 thing in the National Football League. You don't spit in another grown man's face. Hopefully, the NFL can see it and go back and watch the film right just before the first punt. On third down, we were kind of walking face to face, walking back to the huddle and he just hauled off and spit in my face."

Owens, who still maintains an offseason home in the Atlanta neighborhood of Decatur, indicated that Hall kept jawing with him throughout the game.

"He had a lot of words," Owens said. "I didn't. I just wanted to come out and prove I'm a guy to be schemed with."

Hall and Owens began their rivalry on the field in the season opener for Atlanta and Philadelphia last year. The Falcons won 14-10, and Owens, despite catching seven passes for 112 yards, didn't score.

Owens' controversial behavior eventually led to the Eagles' releasing him, and he signed with Dallas during free agency.

A knee injury kept Hall from practice most of the week, but he insisted after Thursday's session that nothing would keep him off the field.

After the Falcons blew a 28-21 lead to lose their third straight home game Saturday, Hall was nearly despondent.

"They came out and executed a great game plan," Hall said.

Owens also insists that a doctor recently told him that a dislocated tendon in his left ring finger needs surgery.

"I knew if I had surgery, it would end my season," Owens said. "I've worked through injuries in my career before."

DBoys

Reaction score
bbgun;1242283 said:
Sean Taylor didn't get suspended, and neither will TO. This is pointless.

Yeah it is getting silly. I am done with this subject and the shame of it is this will get more coverage than the upcoming game.

felix360

Reaction score
ive been watching Espn and it seems as they think he might suspended

jrumann59

Reaction score
Doubtful, suspensions need 3 things evidence, maliciousness and player history of said transgressions. If anything the league may have evidence, in the form of a confession but they have no evidence of the maliciousness and TO has no history of doing these types of things.

jrumann59

Reaction score
An excerpt from Hall's whiny interview on Fox, its more about the league looking for evidence.

The league office is going to review the coaches' film of the incident and due to the fact that Owens admitted the incident on camera they may only look for something that resembles a spit in order to levy a punishment.

The last punishment for a spit was $17,000 or one playoff check from Washington's Sean Taylor. Bill Romanowski got $7,500 for spitting in the face of 49ers WR J.J. Stokes years ago.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I think the team should suspend him for the Eagles game. The guy is an embarassment to the star.

Haley94

Reaction score
http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/stories/121806cpcowbriefs.32f78a7.html

The NFL is reviewing the spitting incident involving Cowboys receiver

Terrell Owens and Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall.

Owens spit into the face of Hall during the first quarter of Saturday night's Cowboys victory in Atlanta. Owens said it was accidental and that he apologized for his actions on the NFL Network.

"I may have when we both were talking [smack] to each other," Owens told SportsDay after the game. "He was so close I may have while yelling back at him."

NFL officials said Sunday they hadn't determined if or when possible punishment would occur.

On Fox's NFL pregame show, Hall called the spitting incident ridiculous and said Owens should be suspended.

"At first I couldn't believe it happened, and people who know me know how I'd want to haul off on him," Hall said. "But I kept my composure about it and didn't retaliate. But the league should hit him by suspending him."
The players were barking at each other most of the game, and Owens' two touchdown receptions came against Hall.

Spitting at another NFL player isn't unprecedented.

In January, Washington's Sean Taylor spit into the face of Tampa Bay's Michael Pittman during an NFC wild-card game. Taylor was ejected and fined $17,000.

The most famous spitting incident occurred on Monday Night Football in December 1997. Denver linebacker Bill Romanowski spit into the face of San Francisco receiver J.J. Stokes. Romanowski was fined $7,500.

"That's an unwritten rule in this league. You don't do that," Hall told FoxSports.com. "There's other stuff that goes on, and you can talk all you want, but that's crossing the line."

--------------------------

Can we put an end to this. Hall is a punk who got showed up by TO.

DBoys

Reaction score
Haley94;1242320 said:
"I may have when we both were talking [smack] to each other," Owens told SportsDay after the game. "He was so close I may have while yelling back at him."

Yelling at someone and spitting in their face is totally accidental but everyone assumed he did it on purpose.

Haley94

Reaction score
Like I said, Hall is just a loser make something out of nothing. He got toasted last night.

Hall is in now in my top 5 of hated players.

DBoys

Reaction score
Haley94;1242330 said:
Like I said, Hall is just a loser make something out of nothing. He got toasted last night.

Hall is in now in my top 5 of hated players.

I agree and the part where he said he did not retaliate :rolleyes:

He was shoving TO continually out of bounds not to mention his countless late hits.

Haley94

Reaction score
After Owens scored on him he was in the face of the ref and TO. What was that about?

DBoys

Reaction score
Haley94;1242333 said:
After Owens scored on him he was in the face of the ref and TO. What was that about?

Prolly trying to say TO interfered or something. I watched the play and TO ran right by him.

Hall is a cry baby plain and simple.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
Hostile;1242222 said:
The precedent is always a hefty fine.

If it is anything other than that I'd be shocked. Make it a big fine. It deserves to be.

It does, TO is crazy, you gotta have respect for the game and other players. Don't get me wrong I hate some players, like some of you guys here, I hate Donavon McCrap, Sean "over-rated" Taylor...etc. but I would never want any of the Cowboys to disrespect them or take cheap shots at players.

I think sports is being ruined by people who think with THUG mentality. A player should play with some emtions and be physical, but he must keep them under control. TO didn't do that and he should be fined.

When I trurned to ESPN to hear more about TO, I only heard about more fights, DEN and NYK in the NBA. Man sports just stinks now, fights, steriods, and criminals like Sean Taylor and Jamal Lewis are still playing.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
DCfaninDC;1242348 said:
It does, TO is crazy, you gotta have respect for the game and other players. Don't get me wrong I hate some players, like some of you guys here, I hate Donavon McCrap, Sean "over-rated" Taylor...etc. but I would never want any of the Cowboys to disrespect them or take cheap shots at players.

I think sports is being ruined by people who think with THUG mentality. A player should play with some emtions and be physical, but he must keep them under control. TO didn't do that and he should be fined.

When I trurned to ESPN to hear more about TO, I only heard about more fights, DEN and NYK in the NBA. Man sports just stinks now, fights, steriods, and criminals like Sean Taylor and Jamal Lewis are still playing.

If that brawl didnt happen imagine how much more media the SPIT would have.

Its sad but I am "happy" that brawl took place.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
juckie;1242084 said:
it's official that the nfl doesn't want us in there.I am worried this new commish will try to make an example.Hurd will have to step up and i think he can.

Dont worry, NFL is not going to suspend TO for spitting. The players union would be all over that, not gonna happen.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
juckie;1242084 said:
it's official that the nfl doesn't want us in there.I am worried this new commish will try to make an example.Hurd will have to step up and i think he can.

Good Point :bow:

I fully agree with you.

My overview is simply alot of questions about the referees. Do people really knows what these referees are thinking when they calls some outrageous penelties? I believe mostly every game of the season the Cowboys, had to compete with referees, their oponents, and sometimes the crowd. Just think look where we are now.

It is ups and downs to Terrell Owens being suspended and being subsituted with Sam Hurd in his spot.

Ups

1. It give Terrell Owens time to heal up a little bit more before the playoffs.

2. It gives Sam Hurd time to shine and we could possibly see Miles Austin in action, plus I believe Patrick Crayton could step up also.

3. It gives the Cowboys a sight to see what they really have in their younger receivers, I was thinking if T.O. is suspended, which I hope he's not going to be, I hope the Cowboys give Jamaica Rector a chance to shine also.

Downs

1. Cowboys lose a physical force that could put Touchdowns on the board.

2. You lose big key worry for coaches, the defensive playbooks become more simple.

3. You miss a good motivator and locker room player.

I believe that the NFL would be going overboard if they decide to suspend Terrell Owens. That goes to show you how the NFL view the Cowboys. The Cowboys are one of the most hated teams in the NFL because we as an organization wins with troubled players. I believe The Longest Yard was based off of how the Cowboys team was, doomsday. We probably was a troubled team but we won alot of superbowls.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
DCfaninDC;1242348 said:

That is what everyone has thought since George Foreman was demonized in the 60s. Honestly, it has been that way forever, that is just life, nothing has changed, nothing will change anytime soon. As humans we are hardwired to act as we do. Hall of Famer Dick Butkus spit in players faces all the time, I think it was part of his game plan.