If the Cowboys had to play a game next week, their starting offensive line

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott should start personally paying Tyler Smith as supplemental life blindside insurance, lol.

Jipper

Reaction score
would include at least one tackling dummy

Not to be confused with a dummy tackle which it might also include

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I agree with the lineup. I know Coach Jerry made a comment that Tyler was staying at LG, but I don't see how it's realistic unless Richards steps up big.

leeblair

Reaction score
I think Dak will actually learn from playing behind a weaker o-line. He was coddled by Garrett and has never had to play behind a second string line.
I think the Cowboys will learn something when Dak has to play behind a weaker line, too.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
A tackle is the most important need, unless a Zach Martin type at guard is a sure hit road grader with great pass-blocking skills. Then, we move Smith out to tackle. Hoffman showed the Cowboys he could grade out as well as Biadasz,

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I might try:

Zack: LT
Tyler: LG
Brock: OC
La'el: RG
Steele RT
I thought they could possibly move Martin to left tackle too.....I mean if your going to give him tackle money....he might as well play it. :popcorn:

NotaCowboysFan

Reaction score
I think Dak will actually learn from playing behind a weaker o-line. He was coddled by Garrett and has never had to play behind a second string line.
I think the Cowboys will learn something when Dak has to play behind a weaker line, too.
This, well at least part of it.

As a more objective viewer who’s seen way too many cowboys games in my life, I’ve always laughed at how often fans blamed the line or the run game instead of Dak, until more recently. Dak has consistently had the BEST O-line play compared to any other player throughout his entire career. Even when the boys oline was at it worst there was half a league with worst starting options. Dak was absolutely carried throughout most of his career by top tier offensive line play and some of the best run games in the league, again up until recently. Not trying to make this about Dak but even I can all but guarantee that Dallas is going tackle with their first round pick and if they don’t, expect to see Lance at some point.

Not sure he’s going to learn how to play better behind a weak line though but we will see.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I hope this is true. At least moving Smith to LT.
He is going to get paid soon.
Putting a HUGE contract at LG really doesn't make sense in the salary cap era.
If a team has a stud at LT and a stud center, and are "solid" at the other three spots, they are in good shape. Put Smith at LT, draft one of these stud centers, and we are set for the next 10 years or so.