If the Cowboys had to play a game next week, their starting offensive line

Creeper

Reaction score
I think this OL might actually be okay. Not great but good enough. They may even be better run blocking, if Steele can get back to what he was before his injury. The problem with this OL is if someone gets hurt. Maybe they can plug La'el in there somewhere, but after watching him in Cincy, I really think he is done. He is stiff and slow. But he tries.

The problem for Dallas is going to be the defensive line. What if they have to play a game tomorrow? They have no depth, especially at DT. Everyone is talking about Mazi making a huge leap from last year. That is such a wild dream considering what we saw last year.

quickccc

Reaction score

Hoffman by default right now. ... but he won't be starting center when season starts.

Club will draft a starting center within first 4 rounds.
Even rookie starter Tyler Biadasz was drafted at bottom of 4th round.

LT, RB, C, DE and LB remain very high on Cowboys priority list, imo.

quickccc

Reaction score
I think this OL might actually be okay. Not great but good enough. They may even be better run blocking, if Steele can get back to what he was before his injury. The problem with this OL is if someone gets hurt. Maybe they can plug La'el in there somewhere, but after watching him in Cincy, I really think he is done. He is stiff and slow. But he tries.

The problem for Dallas is going to be the defensive line. What if they have to play a game tomorrow? They have no depth, especially at DT. Everyone is talking about Mazi making a huge leap from last year. That is such a wild dream considering what we saw last year.
Lael is a backup at his point, and he may have been the same since his hip and ACL injuries.
He cannot bend enuff to be considered inside at OG. and just as you say, he's still and slow to be
depended upon to be a reliable backup OT. Don't be fooled by the name on the back of his jersey.
He's not the same player pre-injuries.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Jerry is so dependent on the draft, that it's a little unfair to him. That rookie will make all the difference.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I thought they could possibly move Martin to left tackle too.....I mean if your going to give him tackle money....he might as well play it. :popcorn:
Yup. And he has slipped a wee bit at RG. Might be easier to NOT fight through mass of humanity inside.
If you are Martin and you shift there and can perform as a mid-line starter4 you can play forever.
Also, if he never wanted to move there before because of Tyron(his best friend on the team) that has resolved itself.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Tyler will be great...TJ Bass and Brock Hoffman are turning into studs, much work to do but some promise..Steele worries me