Reaction score
UnoDallas;3171050 said:
I think Hurd does not get resigned - we draft a PR KR an WR

Emmanuel Sanders, SMU
Height: 6-1. Weight: 176.
Projected 40 Time: 4.40.
Projected Round (2010): 7-FA

oq525o2p.jpg

That dude is a twig, never really heard of him myself but I'll take your word for it. I would still probably keep Hurd over a late round/undrafted FA though.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;3171032 said:
IMO, here's what we need to look at:

Center - seriously need a backup for Gurode
OT - just in case Brewster doesn't pan out and Colombo struggles coming back
ILB - Need to find somebody to take over Bradie's spot, but with a bit more athleticism and better in coverage.
WR - Need to cut Hurd and probably Crayton. Move Ogletreee up the depth chart
DE - Spears may want $$$ he's not worth. Need to move Bowen to starter anyway and find somebody to take his spot. Also, Hatcher may not be around too much longer.
S - Need a playmaker with lots of range and a guy that makes turnovers happen.
K - Who knows how this will turn out.

YAKUZA

I wouldn't mind moving to Gurode to guard and finding a rookie or FA vet to play center. Gurode's concentration lapses are what stopped him at guard. If you are technically good enough to get by at center and can man block monster NTs, then for sure you can play guard. If Brewster can play and Columbo is healthy then tackle isn't really much of a need but I wouldn't mind picking up a developmental kid so we can cut McQuistan. He will never be a useful player.

As for ILB, I don't think Brookings will play much longer and I don't know if Jason Williams or Steven Hodge are any good. Plus, Carpenter may not be back next year. We also need to get Bradie off of the field on 3rd down (and hopefully 1st and 2nd down). I think we need to find at least one premium player here to complete the front 7.

On the topic of the front 7, I don't understand all the Spears hate. He has played very well this year and would be upset if we lost him. He has been better than Olshansky by a wide margin. I would be sorry to lose him and I think Hatcher/Bowen are part-time guys and not starters. If a good DE drops to us, I wouldn't object to signing him but DEs aren't premium players in a 3-4 scheme which is partly what has generated the venom against Spears.

Safety has been a major weakness for years and would spend a premium pick in 2nd or 3rd round if a good one became available. If the guy looks like a future Ed Reed, then a first rounder could be spent. But I want a guy with the coverage skills of a CB, a centerfielding ballhawk and a solid open field tackler for a first round safety.

At WR, if Jerry is dumping RW we should probably draft one in the middle rounds to develop. I disagree about cutting Hurd. I think he is still a RFA, he is a good ST player and is a serviceable wideout who can do some of the dirty work occasionally required of the position. He is sort of a #4WR/ST player but that is okay as every team needs players like this. I think Crayton is fine as the #3WR. The problem is RW at the #2 but Otree should win this position in camp next year if RW is still around. Hopefully, Manny Johnson has been making some strides on the practice squad which would make drafting at this position a bit of a luxury/BPA.

BTW, we should never be afraid to draft a CB, RB, QB, OLB or TE who drops even if they are relative spots of strengths. Players get injured or can be traded for other chips later on.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I would defiently draft o-line, ours is really not that good. Romo makes them look alot better than they actually are.

I would also draft CB. You can never, never, never have too many CBs. Besides T-Toast and Scandrick do not fill me with a lot of confidence right now. Just imagine if we could draft another Jenkins for the other side!!!!

And Kicker probably:mad:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;3170979 said:
i'll never for the life of me understand why people want to move on to the next step before we finish this one.

take the last draft for example...do you wanna see how they did or are you just into the draft and the regular season is just in the way?

I'm kinda interested in how our 2016 draft will go.

;)

The Realist

Reaction score
iceberg;3170979 said:
i'll never for the life of me understand why people want to move on to the next step before we finish this one.

take the last draft for example...do you wanna see how they did or are you just into the draft and the regular season is just in the way?

For some of us the draft is like crack.

I for one want to have an informed opinion on a player before we take him.

If you look at where we have age on the roster and where we have expiring contracts it's pretty easy to anticipate needs.

So that obviously narrows it down.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Have been on the Rolando McClain bandwagon all year - and agree we will need another ILB somewhere in this draft. But McClain is out of our reach now unfortunatly. If he somehow drops I would move up a bit to get him, but not too far. Would be willing to use a second or 3rd from next year to do it.
I am starting to get on board with grabbing the big guard, Iupati with our first pick, even a tackle in the 2nd. Corner/safety. We all know and agree what we need, just not in order of importance.

What kills me, and I've said it in a few differant threads - is the lack of picks in this of all drafts. When we got too smart last year, (management had to have an idea this was comming) tradeing down for way too many picks instead of taking some for this year. Imagine a second 2nd rounder and extra 3rd this draft ! I'm sure Jerry had a big part in the owners opting out this year, so he should have known all the juniors and sophmores would jump to the NFL.
Alot of teams will really help themselves this year, being able to draft multiple good players with extra picks - we just won't be one of them ! :bang2:

9darter

Reaction score
kiheikiwi;3172496 said:
What kills me, and I've said it in a few differant threads - is the lack of picks in this of all drafts. (...) Alot of teams will really help themselves this year, being able to draft multiple good players with extra picks - we just won't be one of them ! :bang2:

Agreed. It really annoys me too. Trade MartyB and swap one 2011 pick for one in this upcoming draft.

I guess it is too much dreaming to hope for someone to trade for Barber.