If the offense turns the corner this will be the team to beat

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Right now our defense is playing as well as any other top defense in the league. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, Tampa Bay... Just as good, and hopefully we can be even better if we get Pacman back healthy this season.

But if our offense can get clicking and on the same page, this team has the opportunity to really separate itself as the elite team in NFL. The 4 teams I mentioned all having something in common.

Among them, Tampa Bay has the highest rated offense, and they're ranked 13th, and Garcia just got hurt. But even with that, they don't have an offense that really stands out as dangerous. The Titans come in after that with the 19th ranked offense. Baltimore is at 21 and Pittsburgh is at 24.

Even with the offense struggling, this is the most balanced team in the NFL. Just imagine if they can come out on full cylinders. If we don't make the playoffs, let alone make a run, I'll blame Garrett more than I would Phillips. We have all the pieces on offense, there is no reason we shouldn't be more consistent.

P.S. Procter HAS to go. Are you telling me thats the best option we have at this point? Go the same route as the Patriots... get someone out of retirement or something for real. Get a center and move Gurode to guard, I really don't care, Procter just has to go.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Galian Beast;2495316 said:
Right now our defense is playing as well as any other top defense in the league. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, Tampa Bay... Just as good, and hopefully we can be even better if we get Pacman back healthy this season.

But if our offense can get clicking and on the same page, this team has the opportunity to really separate itself as the elite team in NFL. The 4 teams I mentioned all having something in common.

Among them, Tampa Bay has the highest rated offense, and they're ranked 13th, and Garcia just got hurt. But even with that, they don't have an offense that really stands out as dangerous. The Titans come in after that with the 19th ranked offense. Baltimore is at 21 and Pittsburgh is at 24.

Even with the offense struggling, this is the most balanced team in the NFL. Just imagine if they can come out on full cylinders. If we don't make the playoffs, let alone make a run, I'll blame Garrett more than I would Phillips. We have all the pieces on offense, there is no reason we shouldn't be more consistent.

P.S. Procter HAS to go. Are you telling me thats the best option we have at this point? Go the same route as the Patriots... get someone out of retirement or something for real. Get a center and move Gurode to guard, I really don't care, Procter just has to go.
Procter was the backup center...so just move him back to center and move Gurode to guard. But I have been saying that for weeks....if Procter is the best we got what on earth is Hudson Houck doing?

EndGame

Reaction score
bbailey423;2495323 said:
Procter was the backup center...so just move him back to center and move Gurode to guard. But I have been saying that for weeks....if Procter is the best we got what on earth is Hudson Houck doing?
Hmmm. I completely forgot about that. Interesting idea and it might just work, but I wonder how it would screw up continuity ... swapping two positions instead of one. Plus, the center-QB exchange would likely suffer.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
bbailey423;2495323 said:

Gurode continues to have snapping problems, had them all of last year. Somehow with all the scrutiny going on here he gets ignored. He snapped the ball into his thigh last night, and it looked like he snapped the ball on the wrong count, which gave the Giants 2 points and some life. THIS guy has GOT to get better. Maybe switching these two would be a good idea.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
fiveandcounting;2495337 said:
Gurode continues to have snapping problems, had them all of last year. Somehow with all the scrutiny going on here he gets ignored. He snapped the ball into his thigh last night, and it looked like he snapped the ball on the wrong count, which gave the Giants 2 points and some life. THIS guy has GOT to get better. Maybe switching these two would be a good idea.

that would be idiotic. Do you remember what happened when Proctor took when Gurode went down last year?

brickman

Reaction score
Procter is not a very good player regardless of where you put him. Other teams know that and you cannot "hide" a player anywhere. They will find him and exploit him. As bad as he is, the lasdt thing I want is him to have his hands on the football. He can't block just with that duty ... let's not complicate it even more.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I think this is an issue that Cowboys fans need to be concerned about.

With the type of ability we have on offense, we shouldn't have some of the problems that we are having.

The Safety the offense gave up last night where some of the lineman didn't even know the snap count served as a microcosm of some of the ills we are having on offense.

Furthermore, the Defense really hasn't been test yet. The defense shutdown Seattle, Pittsburgh and San Francisco, all teams that ranked near the bottom in Total Offense.

This fact alone is a major reason why the Offense absolutely has to pick it up.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I don't know whose killing this offense more, Procter or Garrett. :bang2:

SilberBlau

Reaction score
If and when Barber gets healthy again, this offense will be clicking. I love Choice, but he can't carry it all alone. And you saw yesterday what a somehow still fresh running back can do: deliver the knockout punch. He couldn't do that last week because he ran out of gas.
With a healthy Barber and Holland we should be able to put 10points more on average on the table, both are very important

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Gurode might still have the odd problem snapping, but at least he is improving in this area....oh and he remains one of the three best centers in the league. To take him and swap him for Procter doesn't help the problem....it makes it worse.

zeromaster

Reaction score
So now the Giants don't have a good offense? They *are* the defending SB champs.
:lmao2:

Remember, they were being lauded for continuing to play well even when losing key players to injuries, something that wasn't happening here.

This Dallas D is shutting teams down now. Have a little faith if possible. :eek:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
This is already the team to beat, and the team that nobody wants to play against.