If there's an obscure penalty that hasn't been called in 15 years

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
I've watched football for over 25 years, I've coached it the last 4 years, and I've NEVER heard of defensive delay of game where the defender wasn't trying to prevent the offensive player from sys ding up to get back to the huddle in a. 2 min situation

conner01

Reaction score
I've watched football for over 25 years, I've coached it the last 4 years, and I've NEVER heard of defensive delay of game where the defender wasn't trying to prevent the offensive player from sys ding up to get back to the huddle in a. 2 min situation
I think the only times I’ve seen it was kicking the ball after it was set or holding up a player as you said
I’ve never seen it for shifting and pointing
I thought it was a delay on offense when they threw flag

Sydla

Reaction score
The league office should be required to release a formal statement analyzing why that call was right or wrong when calls like that go. How in the world do you call Lawrence for a delay when all he was doing was pointing at the TE who moved when Lawrence shifted inside?

I want to see them try to defend that call.

gmoney112

Reaction score
The sad thing is, it wasn't some penalty that happened at game speed and subject to human error. It happened, literally, when they weren't even engaged in a play.

It was just blatantly stupid and incorrect, showing they were either incompetent or worse.

mmohican29

Reaction score
The sad thing is, it wasn't some penalty that happened at game speed and subject to human error. It happened, literally, when they weren't even engaged in a play.

It was just blatantly stupid and incorrect, showing they were either incompetent or worse.

They huddled for a good 2 minutes to collectively try and screw the Cowboys. The guy had a smile on his face in front of 85000 to troll everybody involved.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score

At best, the ref is an idiot and shouldn't be reffing. At worst, it's a conspiracy.

Sydla

Reaction score
They literally had a delay of game AND a false start before Lawrence "pointed", which was apparently the reason for the penalty.

Truly awful and does nothing to quell the cries that the league plays favorites with teams in games. I am not one to believe conspiracies, but LOL, stuff like that makes you think maybe people aren't that crazy.