If they could find a partner, the Cowboys should trade back from pick 24

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Based on the the current draft order, here is one possible trade partner. The Arizona Cardinals finished 4-13 last year, which put them in a good place in the order. Further, through past transactions, they have a lot of picks, eleven overall. They are a team that Dallas should be trying to talk into a deal. Using the draft calculator from Calculator Soup, here is something that could net the Cowboys more picks.

Dallas trades number 24 for Arizona’s 35, 90, and 138. That is a slight advantage for the Cardinals, but the Cowboys have their own value chart, and might be willing to go with it. They could also ask for 186 from Arizona as well, which tilts slightly in Dallas’ favor.

But if they just got the three picks back, that sets them up with two picks in the second, two in the third, and gets them into the fourth round. In general, the first four rounds are seen as premium picks. More importantly, that gives them nine selections to work with. Drafting is a numbers game, and the more picks you can take earlier in the process, the more likely you are to get real help. At the moment, they just don’t have enough picks to fill all the needs they face.

They could also try and move back just a little in the first round while still getting something of value. The Buffalo Bills also are flush with picks. If they wanted to move up from 28, they could package that with their two fourth round picks at 128 and 133, which is nearly an even trade in value for the teams. Those two shots at the fourth would be very useful as there is often good talent still on the board at that point.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...e-back-roster-holes-stephen-jones-will-mcclay

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I was talking about this a couple of days ago. I agree on a trade down but only to 28-29. 35 is too far for me......

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I was talking about this a couple of days ago. I agree on a trade down but only to 28-29. 35 is too far for me......
I'd be OK with going to 35, depending on the board and the return. Guys like Frazier, Benson would be good picks there. Maybe even a WR. I'd want more than a third to drop out of 1 though

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'd be OK with going to 35, depending on the board and the return. Guys like Frazier, Benson would be good picks there. Maybe even a WR. I'd want more than a third to drop out of 1 though
My only concern is making we can still get a day-one starter.......but I get that it should not be too hard since we are replacing several positions.