If this game is a Denver Blowout Could Jerry fire Garrett?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Don't ask me why I feel this way.....But I can see this happening.

Garrett is a lame duck coach who is working on the final year of his deal. And if we get blasted Sunday what does that say about this team?

Garrett can't get this team up for a big game?

We are no where near good enough to compete and these are Garrett's guys???

Garrett has had years to get his right yet here we are still below 500......

I would not be shocked @ all if Jerry thinks this team needed a shake up(after the blow out) and in his mind a desperate way to save the season.

And if Garrett is gone who would be on Jerry's short list of next head coaches???

Comments?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I hope Jerry fires Garrett and instead of hiring one head coach, he hires the ten smartest guys on this board, who then vote on decisions and act as a head coach governing body.

We would never lose again. Think of all the experts we have here!

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
You don't fire your head coach when you are in the thick of the division race. No matter what happens tomorrow we will at worst still be tied for the division lead.

Zman5

Reaction score
I wish but JJ will probably give JG an extension and make JG the highest paid coach instead.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Not after this week, but if we go into the bye after the Saints game with only 2 or 3 wins, I dont think its unrealistic.

khiladi

Reaction score
JErry will be incredibly pissed, especially after his comments about Romo becoming like Peyton at the beginning of the season while Peyton is throwing the ball downfield and in the middle if the field and to WRs all over the place, while Garrett and Callahan are throwing four yard outs on 3rd and nine.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
0% chance he gets fired before the end of the season. Let it ride.........

Nirvana

Reaction score
it's interesting to note he has not been extended though, beyond this season. That says a lot about the expectations for this season. Even with a loss today the Cowboys are in first place. There is not enough yet to justify the massive shake-up that would occur in replacing a head coach. I do think Jerry would pull the trigger down the road, though, if things went more south. Maybe at 2-6 or so.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Jerry is probably on a huge high this am. Big nationally televised game last nite at JerryWorld. I would guess his bank acct increased a little overnight.

He won't be in a firing mood.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't ask me why I feel this way.....But I can see this happening.

Garrett is a lame duck coach who is working on the final year of his deal. And if we get blasted Sunday what does that say about this team?

Garrett can't get this team up for a big game?

We are no where near good enough to compete and these are Garrett's guys???

Garrett has had years to get his right yet here we are still below 500......

I would not be shocked @ all if Jerry thinks this team needed a shake up(after the blow out) and in his mind a desperate way to save the season.

And if Garrett is gone who would be on Jerry's short list of next head coaches???

Comments?

Any retractions you care to make?