If TO expressed himself better, I'm a firm...

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
believer he would have alot less problems. To me he has a issue with expressing the point he is trying to get across, and it is left to interpretation.

For instance in yesterdays interview, T. Owens preparing for Baltimore(here is the link)
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=4788DA48-E77F-0AE4-46615843A273C0B3

he makes the statement that "Im not worried about anyone else" another question is asked and he repeats "Im not worried about anyone else".(in reference to bradie james not making the pro bowl) Now one can listen to the surrounding information, and see all he is saying is that Baltimore is the most important thing at hand, which he eventually says, but he sets himself up with things like this because reporters, detractors, haters, etc arent going to take the time to decipher the meaning, or understand the meaning but jump on the juicy quote. They then are going to quote him, and technically its not a lie, because he said it.

Dont get me wrong, I dont agree with their tactics (i for one think TO gets a bad shake because of his past) but I also feel that he can do better in not giving them any ammo.

Thats just my take, I dont know who agrees or disagrees, but like I said thats what I see.

1fisher

Reaction score
He seems to get lost in what he's trying to say. Chasing rabbits if you know what I mean?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
he has foot in mouth syndrome, along with his other personality problems. he can't help himself, hopefully Romo & co. realizes this and ignores him like a toddler having a tantrum.

think of a full-grown 4 year old and that is TO.

As an adult, 4-year olds are no longer "cute".

he's also not particularly bright, well read or well versed in anything. he's probably a decent person at heart (you saw this in the Punk'd show) just like most 5 year olds are.

thechosen1n2;2504076 said:
believer he would have alot less problems. To me he has a issue with expressing the point he is trying to get across, and it is left to interpretation.

For instance in yesterdays interview, T. Owens preparing for Baltimore(here is the link)
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=4788DA48-E77F-0AE4-46615843A273C0B3

he makes the statement that "Im not worried about anyone else" another question is asked and he repeats "Im not worried about anyone else".(in reference to bradie james not making the pro bowl) Now one can listen to the surrounding information, and see all he is saying is that Baltimore is the most important thing at hand, which he eventually says, but he sets himself up with things like this because reporters, detractors, haters, etc arent going to take the time to decipher the meaning, or understand the meaning but jump on the juicy quote. They then are going to quote him, and technically its not a lie, because he said it.

Dont get me wrong, I dont agree with their tactics (i for one think TO gets a bad shake because of his past) but I also feel that he can do better in not giving them any ammo.

Thats just my take, I dont know who agrees or disagrees, but like I said thats what I see.

robjgrif

Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2504076 said:

:hammer:and :ravens:

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
chinch;2504212 said:
he has foot in mouth syndrome, along with his other personality problems. he can't help himself, hopefully Romo & co. realizes this and ignores him like a toddler having a tantrum.

think of a full-grown 4 year old and that is TO.

As an adult, 4-year olds are no longer "cute".

he's also not particularly bright, well read or well versed in anything. he's probably a decent person at heart (you saw this in the Punk'd show) just like most 5 year olds are.

I agree. I think he is a pretty good guy at heart.

(dayum, you compared him to a 4 or 5 year old)

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2504285 said:
TO do yourself a favor just stop talking.

That's it!

Since he's not about to improve on expressing himself anytime soon, he should focus on doing it less.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2504307 said:
That's it!

Since he's not about to improve on expressing himself anytime soon, he should focus on doing it less.

True the more he protest the worse it gets as the media returns fire. TO gave his side of the story leave it at that and move on

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Hostile;2504311 said:
He's honest. People aren't used to that.

:eek:

i agree he is honest. I even agree alot of times what "i think" he is trying to say. But if you're going to be candid you for dang sure need to say exactly what you mean.

DuaneThomas71

Benched
Reaction score
Nope. The problem is that people are taking everything he says and trying to find anything they can to twist what he said into something else. If you were to look up "taken out of context" in an urban dictionary, you would see Terrell Owens referenced, I'd imagine.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Owens is not a liar and telling a lie seems to be a hardcore no-no in his world. Every man has some sort of code they live by and part of Owens' code is that at all costs he will not lie.

So what happens is if you ask him a question, he will tell you how exactly he feels at that time. That's part of the greatness of his personality as you know where he stands, but it's also a problem.

For instance, a co-worker may do something that ticks me off but I'm likely to either let it slide or find out more information before I go off on the co-worker. Owens is the type that he's likely to let it be known right there and then what he thinks.

YAKUZA

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. If it was Witten saying these things people wouldn't see anything wrong with the comments. But with TO's history and the media looking for anything they can put in headlines his comments get taken out of context. Even after that Steelers game where he said he wanted the ball more. People don't look into those comments and see that TO believes if he gets more touches this team wins. They see it as TO wants more touches and could care less if the team wins.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
If he didn't talk to the media then I wouldn't misunderstand him. :)

landryscorner

Reaction score
If anything TO represents what Other players are afraid to be.... themselves...that says a lot about him, really he does not bother me we could be discussing much better things going on with our team than TO's personality..

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Everyone is perfect.

Everyone knows best.

So I called in Dr. Phil.

"The problem with YEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Teeee-Ohhhhh...............ISssssssssssss...... you dont express yourself good"

dr_phil.jpg

gmsquid

Reaction score
Oh and i almost forgot, he had one of the best lines ever...

"You can't cover me one-on-one...that's disrespect."

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
YoMick;2504662 said:
Everyone is perfect.

Everyone knows best.

So I called in Dr. Phil.

"The problem with YEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Teeee-Ohhhhh...............ISssssssssssss...... you dont express yourself good"

dr_phil.jpg

:lmao2: thats exactly how that quack would say it too.