If TO expressed himself better, I'm a firm...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2504919 said:
I freakin' hate Dr. Phil, what a con artist

+1

Flippin two faced hypocrit

I remember one day he was on Jay Leno and Leno said... well you are not really in shape.

Dr. Phil replies... for a man my age and height and build... I AM IN SHAPE.
The guy had a belly.

Clown, PLEASE!!

rojan

Reaction score
chinch;2504212 said:
he has foot in mouth syndrome, along with his other personality problems. he can't help himself, hopefully Romo & co. realizes this and ignores him like a toddler having a tantrum.

think of a full-grown 4 year old and that is TO.

As an adult, 4-year olds are no longer "cute".

he's also not particularly bright, well read or well versed in anything. he's probably a decent person at heart (you saw this in the Punk'd show) just like most 5 year olds are.

When did Owens get punk'd? I would love to see that....

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I agree with the original poster. T.O. sets himself up for a lot of the hate that comes his way.

This season, he really hasn't said anything all that outlandish. But he'll give just enough of a "Was he about to say ___?" quote to make people run with them. Plus, he often provides the body language and facial expressions to let people run with commenting on what he's saying.

I do, however, agree with his comment on SportsCenter that people like their villains and heroes in sports, and people have placed him in the villain category (deservedly so at first). I don't know that he's done anything villainish over the last two or three seasons, but he provides just enough "huh? was he on the verge of throwing someone under the bus comments?" to ever prevent him from getting out of that category.

While we're talking about prima donna villains/heroes, I take Favre's comments yesterday as a good example of this. Here he is creating a distraction of saying this could be his last year when his team is in the midst of a playoff run. He's as self serving as they come, but he's managed to stay in the hero category because he comes across as endearing to the media and not egotistical/whiny like Owens. Yet I think, in an odd way, Favre creates nearly as many distractions. Favre could have easily said brushed aside retirement talk, but instead openly starts it all back up. Why? Because he loves all the talk to be about him. You know it and I know it.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
chinch;2504212 said:
he has foot in mouth syndrome, along with his other personality problems. he can't help himself, hopefully Romo & co. realizes this and ignores him like a toddler having a tantrum.

think of a full-grown 4 year old and that is TO.

As an adult, 4-year olds are no longer "cute".

he's also not particularly bright, well read or well versed in anything. he's probably a decent person at heart (you saw this in the Punk'd show) just like most 5 year olds are.
Athletes aren't necessarily known for being well spoken and super intelligent. I think that's what makes that scene in "Bedazzeled" where the guy's a basketball player doing the post-game interview so darn hilarious...b/c it's a pretty good representation :p