If TO is injured, we are screwed

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2055508 said:
Jerry has said it prior to the Draft. If we did not trade for a Vet WR we would not take one in the first. He was pretty plain in saying that.

Problem with taking one in the second is you had three WRs that might have been value...Manningham, Doucet and Caldwell (Florida).

I am just guessing but I would not doubt that they took Manningham off their list for issues.

I don't know if they liked or did not like Doucet or Caldwell or seen them as players that would be nothing more than what they already have in Crayton or Hurd.

I really think they were targeting sweed when he was dropping. When Sweed was picked I looked at the war room video and they were shuffling papers like the player they hoped would fall was just taken.

So...Jerry said if we did not trade for a vet we would not take a WR in the first and the value of the players at our pick at 61 were not any better than what we already have with the possible exception of Manningham who they may have taken off their list.

I think Jerry has tried this offseason to get a Vet WR but just could not find a trading partner. People kept talking about Roy Williams but we have to sit back and think about the last time we considered trading with them and they wanted picks PLUS Witten or Ware...so you can just imagine they may have wanted a great deal for Williams, a price we were not willing to pay...that is if they ever entertained the offer because the whole time they were saying they were NOT trading Williams.

I think Jerry held off on the pursuing Roy Williams anticipating his availability next year when his contract expires. There is no way Detroit can afford to put the franchise tag on him.

links18

Reaction score
Jerry was very sly in his interview on NFL Network about trading for a receiver. Could something be in the works still? He was also pretty clear that he does not see Crayton as a #2 receiver ("When looking at getting someone to take pressure off of TO, we do not see anyone in this draft that is any better than what we already have"). WR is really the missing piece of the puzzle in getting us to the SB this year.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
cnhnyy;2055430 said:
Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd with Miles Austin as our No.3?? I guess it is good thing that we now have Flix Jones becuase we will never be able to pass.

M Jenkins, Devon Thomas, and J Charles would have made my day. oh well.
Even if you had devon thomas next year,your not going to get much from him,so your still screwed if TO gets hurt.As far as jamal charles,you don't want to be passing with him in there anyway,he'll be a liability in pass protection,at least for the first year.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
links18;2055548 said:
Jerry was very sly in his interview on NFL Network about trading for a receiver. Could something be in the works still? He was also pretty clear that he does not see Crayton as a #2 receiver ("When looking at getting someone to take pressure off of TO, we do not see anyone in this draft that is any better than what we already have"). WR is really the missing piece of the puzzle in getting us to the SB this year.
I agree,it is the missing piece,but if owens can stay healthy,dallas should be the favorites in the NFC.If they can get anything from glenn,that would be an added bonus.