If Washington Loses today, would be a wild final weekend

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Au contraire, Cowboyny - they do have something to play for. They are currently in the 1st wildcard \ 5th playoff spot. Bucs winning final game will assure they stay there over either the Rams or Seahawks.
In the 5th post-season berth, the Bucs go play the NFC East winner.
In the 6th post-season berth, the Bucs go play the NFC West winner - Seahawks or Rams. Which is the more likely matchup to win on the road?
Even so, teams usually have a letdown when they qualify for the postseason. No matter what they still cannot host a playoff game, really isn’t much incentive

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If Washington loses today, which I think is a long shot, and Philly beats Dallas, Philly will win the division by beating Washington next week. The Eagles are getting healthy again, while the Cowboys are losing more players to injury. Plus, the Eagles defensive front is still good enough to stuff Washington's weak offense.

But I think Alex Smith is playing today, and Washington should have no problem beating the Panthers who are playing for nothing. Baltimore will beat the Giants and Washington will win the division by beating Carolina. And here is my prediction for week 17. With nothing to play for, the Eagles will play the last week like a pre-season game and lose to Washington, while the Cowboys will play the Giants like it matters if they win. The Eagles will leap ahead of the Cowboys in the draft. You know I am right!

No Alex Smith is not playing against the Panthers.

Motorola

Reaction score
Even so, teams usually have a letdown when they qualify for the postseason. No matter what they still cannot host a playoff game, really isn’t much incentive
That "letdown" premise is mostly a myth.

It's not about where the team plays---it is about the OPPONENT.
Buccaneers win next week - their record is 11-5 --lock up 5th seed.
They then go play the NFC East winner, while (depending how both teams finish up) - it will be the Seahawks v. Rams--- one will be the 3-seed and the other will be the 6-seed.
If you don't think playing the Football Team\ Cowboys\ Giants \Eagles is better than playing the Seahawks or Rams in the 1st round...well, we'll just agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Enjoy the game(s) ...and the rest of your holiday Sunday.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
Step 1 of 5 complete with Nyg losing.....4 more steps to the playoffs....next two are big ones though and pretty certain Washington is gonna roll carolina

At least should be fun to watch

Carson

Reaction score
Step 1 of 5 complete with Nyg losing.....4 more steps to the playoffs....next two are big ones though and pretty certain Washington is gonna roll carolina

I hope not! I want us to have something to play for next week!!

Jipper

Reaction score
I hope not! I want us to have something to play for next week!!

I’ve been firmly on team tank but honestly having something to cheer for this weekend is fun so I guess I’ll cheer for carolina and hope we pull it out against the eagles

vicjagger

Reaction score

Still pretty certain?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Going to be an interesting final weekend at least.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Congrats everybody we have made it to week 17.

We're going to need some serious help next week. I'm not sure Philly matches up well with Washington. That was borderline an exposure to the Eagles.