If we cover all bases before the draft, do we just draft for depth?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This to me has 2009 draft all over it. I love the fact that we can go in with no major glaring needs, but I don't want us to get guys who won't play much this season. Please give me your thoughts

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Maybe factor in what starters we might lose to contract issues after this year. If that position is deep this draft and a guy you like is on the board...draft him this year?

Creeper

Reaction score
I think the best practice is to fill all your gaps in free agency then draft BP with a focus on areas of weakness. The Cowboys still have a glaring weakness at DT, but that is not a position where you can expect to get value picking 26th. I think they take the best player available on the board or trade down - or up.

jedishogun

Reaction score
What kinda idiot would just draft for depth?

Besides Jerry in 1994 at least
I thought the same thing when I read the OP’s title. Shante Carver came to mind. Only thing good from that draft was Larry Allen I believe. You go best available player and draft your board PERIOD. Don’t get cute.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if Smitz or B. Jones is there at 26. Im running the card in. Either are safe instant starters at LG. This is if Bijan is gone.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
This to me has 2009 draft all over it. I love the fact that we can go in with no major glaring needs, but I don't want us to get guys who won't play much this season. Please give me your thoughts
No. You then draft best player on your board who you should think can be future starters or contributors. So what if they aren’t starters this year due to having a veteran in front of them. You don’t draft career backups. They made that mistake once and I highly doubt they ever will again.