If we don't win Division - Best case Scenarios IMO

blueblood70

Reaction score
I will wait to see how it all unfolds. Still 7 games left to play. That is a lot of games for 1 to 3 games separating the playoff teams as of now.
I will say 5th seed is best if we do not win the division. Then maybe by some chance, SF & Philly gets bumped out. Then Detroit. So we may get a home game.
Yes far too early to be looking at playoff seedings and or matchups I would have preferred alliance to lose. I mean they are one of our competitors...

Reaction score
Yesterday wasn't too bad for me. I hated seeing the Lions and the 49ers win but the chances of Dallas winning the NFC East and competing for a bye or a home playoff game aren't good anyway. That hiccup against the Cardinals pretty much screwed Dallas unless they run the table which highly unlikely. Most realistic and optimistic scenario for Dallas is to get the #5 seed so the first round of the playoffs they are on the road against the winner of the NFC South. So the losses by the Seahawks and Vikings helped toward getting that 5 seed. This is how Dallas needs things to align up if they don't win the NFC East.

1 Detroit
2 Philly or San Fran
3 Philly or San Fran
4 Winner of NFC South
5 Dallas
6 Who cares - they aren't beating Philly or San Fran
7 Who cares - they aren't beating Philly or San Fran

Round 1 Dallas gets a very winnable game on the road at an NFC South team
Round 2 if Dallas wins then they get a very winnable game on the road against Detroit
Round 3 I would like to play Philly - SF is just a terrible matchup for Dallas. I think Philly is better than the 49ers but Dallas matches up better against Philly.
Detroit won't hold the 2 seed. Their defense isn't very good

This is a carbon copy of last year. Get the 5 seed, beat up the terrible NFC South team, lose in SF or Philly in the Divisional Round

I don't see this scenario changing at all

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Detroit won't hold the 2 seed. Their defense isn't very good

This is a carbon copy of last year. Get the 5 seed, beat up the terrible NFC South team, lose in SF or Philly in the Divisional Round

I don't see this scenario changing at all
I think most Cowboy fans would be ok with a Philly in Philly matchup. Not saying we should be favored but facing a dog NFC South team and then facing Philly is not a terrible path to the NFC championship.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think most Cowboy fans would be ok with a Philly in Philly matchup. Not saying we should be favored but facing a dog NFC South team and then facing Philly is not a terrible path to the NFC championship.
I agree I don't see where Philly owns us at all we just went to their house they had some crazy things happen the bounces all went their way, we lost by 5.... So if we don't have to see San Francisco until the NFC championship game I think that is a good path.... I'm not scared of Philadelphia at all we match up very well with them I'd rather see a division rival....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree I don't see where Philly owns us at all we just went to their house they had some crazy things happen the bounces all went their way, we lost by 5.... So if we don't have to see San Francisco until the NFC championship game I think that is a good path.... I'm not scared of Philadelphia at all we match up very well with them I'd rather see a division rival....
Nope. Not at all.

jujoboys

Reaction score
win every playoff game you play?
I was giving best possible seeding and best possible opponents based on how we match up with different teams and the difficulty of playing the different teams. If we don't win the division then it is in our best interest if we are the best wild card team and get that #5 seed and that Detroit gets the #1 seed. That puts us against the weakest divisional winner in round 1 (Saints, Falcons, or Bucs). It would also force the 49ers and Eagles to play each other in the 2nd round unless there are upsets.

jsb357

Reaction score
I was giving best possible seeding and best possible opponents based on how we match up with different teams and the difficulty of playing the different teams. If we don't win the division then it is in our best interest if we are the best wild card team and get that #5 seed and that Detroit gets the #1 seed. That puts us against the weakest divisional winner in round 1 (Saints, Falcons, or Bucs). It would also force the 49ers and Eagles to play each other in the 2nd round unless there are upsets.
don't worry about the seeding

worry about the team showing up ready to play

jujoboys

Reaction score
don't worry about the seeding

worry about the team showing up ready to play
There is always that worry. However, they are more likely to get away with a bad game against a team from the NFC South than the Lions, 49ers, and Eagles.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Don’t matter the seeding. We just need to be the best version of ourselves and not beat ourselves with mental mistakes and undisciplined play but I’m just talking to the sky.