If we had two first round picks on 2010?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
one in the low teens, one in the late 1st

Ok, based on all the mocks I have seen.....the following positions and players seem to be the most popular

OT Anthony Davis
OG Mike Iupati
WR Dez Bryant
ILB Rolando McClain
S Eric Berry

Who would you choose with those two picks? This one is tough for me. I have a hard time choosing between McClain and Davis. Davis looks like a franchise LT, who could anchor the backside of your OL for a decade plus. However, McClain looks and plays like a Ray Lewis. He is a student of the game, a QB and leader of the defense, and a playmaker. As much as I want McClain, and even though OT Jason Fox would be available in the 2nd, I have to go with building the OL for the future.

1A - OT Anthony Davis
1B - OG Mike Iupati

Davis and Iupati on the same side of the line is just beastly. Will Romo ever get hit again from the backside?

The Realist

Reaction score
1a) Eric Berry FS

1b) Rolando McClain ILB

2) Jon Asamoah OG

3) Kyle Calloway RT

Check mate!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I hope hey stays in college, but if he comes out, I would rather have Earl Thomas than Eric Berry.

The Realist

Reaction score
Biggems;3090262 said:
I hope hey stays in college, but if he comes out, I would rather have Earl Thomas than Eric Berry.

No issue with either.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Biggems;3090262 said:

Im almost wondering if NFL Scouts will view Earl Thomas as a corner.

Can he hold up against the run?

But based on what i've seen i'd take him over Berry and i'd sure as heck take him over Ken Hamlin.

He should win the thorpe this year too unless they decide to hand it over to an upperclassmen.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I'd trade 1a, Hamlin, 3rd and 5th to grab Eric Berry as FS, and use 1B on Davis and groom him to start in 2011.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
I think if we had tow first round picks

OG Mike Iupati
ILB Rolando McClain - Brookings replacement

and take Fox in the 2nd

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3090360 said:
I think if we had tow first round picks

OG Mike Iupati
ILB Rolando McClain - Brookings replacement

and take Fox in the 2nd

In all honesty, If we had 2 firsts and a second, I would not be upset at all if we took Davis, Iupati, and Fox. With these 3 plus Free and Brewster, we would have some very good depth going into 2011, the only issue being that 4 of them would be rookies.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;3090365 said:
In all honesty, If we had 2 firsts and a second, I would not be upset at all if we took Davis, Iupati, and Fox. With these 3 plus Free and Brewster, we would have some very good depth going into 2011, the only issue being that 4 of them would be rookies.

me either - I would love it

but Jerry drafting three O Linemen - that be something - esp the first three picks

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3090369 said:
me either - I would love it

but Jerry drafting three O Linemen - that be something - esp the first three picks

Jerry would have to be in a coma and Stephen, Wade, and Jason would have to be running the draft for the Cowboys to draft 3 unsexy OL with our first 3 picks......especially 2 being 1st rounders.

And once the Jerry woke up from that coma and saw our draft, he would slip right back into another one.