Simple

Quite possibly your best post ever.
;)

00000004.gif

StateCollegeCowboy

aka BostonCowboy
Reaction score
Sarge said:
No matter HOW the draft unfolds - Spears is not the BPA at 11 - PERIOD.

Every year some player shoots up the draft boards that shouldn't. Spears looks like the early favorite this year for that role.

If he does really well at the combine (from what I've heard, that won't be too hard) then he very well could be picked before #11.

Either way, I would be afraid Sarge. Be very very afraid.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Sarge said:
If we take Spears at 11 - I will kill someone.

I'll help you. I'll the the person down, you stab 'em in the eyeball with a dirty spoon.

Seriously, we don't need to take Spears at #11 when he'll probably be available at #20, or possibly even the second round. If not, there's always Shaun Cody.

'im tired of drafting QB's we have our RB we dont need another "star" RB

Tired of drafting QBs? We haven't drafted a QB in the first round in 15 years. You still tired from that?

No matter HOW the draft unfolds - Spears is not the BPA at 11 - PERIOD.

Exactly. Not unless 30 some odd players somehow get drafted in the first 10 picks.

If he does really well at the combine (from what I've heard, that won't be too hard) then he very well could be picked before #11.

I sure as hell hope so.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Rack said:
Tired of drafting QBs? We haven't drafted a QB in the first round in 15 years. You still tired from that

let me say this, 'im tired of gettting QB after QB i say we give henson this year to play. if he doesnt he must not be the QB for parcells then we go get us another one. but right now we need to stick to one QB untill we see if he can play or not

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
let me say this, 'im tired of gettting QB after QB i say we give henson this year to play. if he doesnt he must not be the QB for parcells then we go get us another one. but right now we need to stick to one QB untill we see if he can play or not

I agree with that. I'm not saying I'd want one of those QBs, just wondering how someone can be tired of doing something we rarely ever do.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at Jason Campbell or Charlie Fry in the 2nd though.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack said:
Seriously, we don't need to take Spears at #11 when he'll probably be available at #20, or possibly even the second round. If not, there's always Shaun Cody..

Agreed. I don't even want him at 20 but I wouldn't kill anyone over it. Possibly break some bones or something, or some form of moderate torture.

I can see Spears honestly dipping into the early second round.

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
With the 10th pick Ill take either Derrick Johnson-best defensive player in this draft-/Mike Williams then at
20 I ll take either Shawn Merriman or Troy Williamson and finally in the second with the
42nd pick I ll take Chris Canty or Jason Campbell-dont think JC will be there though

Of course if a stud olineman appears we could always use one of those-especially with jacobs hurt and peterman coming back from an injury.

Hostile said:
I think both QBs will be gone in the top 5. If one isn't then we trade down with some team wanting one of them.

Mike Williams or Derrick Johnson would be my hopeful choice but I won't be shocked if I am deeply disappointed.

Pay attention to Marcus Spears because the Cowboys certainly are.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Sarge said:
violent-smiley-091.gif

Spears at #11

haha your really dont like this guy huh? If I could get anyone, it would be derrick johnson or Mike Williams with the 11th pick. Then draft a DT with our 20th pick and move glover to de (3-4 defense)

Bobo

Reaction score
Both Spears and Cody may be gone at 20, especially with SD and Houston picking before that. But maybe Hawthorne is still there, and surely some of the 3-4 olb types would be too. And maybe Travis Johnson could fit in as a 3-4 end?

Derinyar

Reaction score
Howboutdemcowboys31 said:
haha your really dont like this guy huh? If I could get anyone, it would be derrick johnson or Mike Williams with the 11th pick. Then draft a DT with our 20th pick and move glover to de (3-4 defense)
What is this boards obsession with turing a speed guy into a space filler?

nathanlt

Reaction score
BostonCowboy said:
Every year some player shoots up the draft boards that shouldn't. Spears looks like the early favorite this year for that role.

Either way, I would be afraid Sarge. Be very very afraid.

Players that shoot up the draft board that shouldn't, that's due to performance not related to football talent, such as combine events. Things like a shuttle run or a bench press repetitions. A mediocre football player who can bench press 225 35 times is still a mediocre football player. That is, except in draft guru world.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Spears was regarded on most Top 10 lists heading into the season. Most people projected him as a first round pick if he had declared last year (in a much stronger draft). The last 290 lb. defensive end who was a former tight end and basketball star to come out in the draft was the #1 overall pick.

I just don't think he's suddenly springboarding up the charts. He's just cementing his place.

I would have no problem taking Spears at #11. We need an outside pass rushing DE, but if there is one thing this draft isn't lacking is late-1st/2nd round tweener pass rushers. Roth, Swancutt, Tuck, Merriman, Pollack, Ware, Blastock. Most likely several of them will be there in the 2nd round, or you could take the cream of the crop at #20.